Author Topic: Bill the Snow cat.  (Read 2694 times)

Offline Palustris

Bill the Snow cat.
« on: January 19, 2013, 12:52:03 PM »
Bill the Snow Cat

And before you say anything, he asked to go out, he chose to sit on the Window ledge and the back door was open so he could have come in.

And yes that is snow on his back.

Offline Eric Hardy

• Anthea & Eric, The Chilterns, Buckinghamshire UK
Re: Bill the Snow cat.
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2013, 05:04:45 PM »
Lovely, Eric. I am very much a cat person. I'm always wary of dogs that I don't know because I was bitten badly on two separate occasions by strange dogs when I was young.

Eric

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Re: Bill the Snow cat.
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2013, 08:55:37 PM »
Our last cat mysteriously disappeared after a neighbour arrived at the door complaining that our cat was stalking his pigeons.
Their next door neighbour later told us that this same person had set a trap for their cat. It had gone missing for a couple of days. They heard it and after a "discussion" the cat was released.
Coincidence?

We have two houses backing onto our back fence. The first house has six cats. The other has four.
I wouldn't mind, but they "use" my garden.
One is a right nuisance. I chase it daily when I see it "a tweepin' up" on my beloved wild birds. I feed them in places where I can keep a watchful eye - one outside the office window and the other outside our dining area window. We love watching them and their antics. A visiting squirrel now comes daily and does gymnastics to nibble at the nuts in their bird feeders - jumping from branch to branch with breathtaking ease and bravado.
Our big black doggie used to keep the garden cat free. He died (chasing a cat!) so now its up to me. My wife looks at me sympathetically when I race out barking ::) ::) (Hence the term- barking mad?)
Soon they caught on though. One cat walked casually past my office window and stopped at the bird feeding area. I opened the window and did my famous ferocious growl. It turned round, looked at me (in much the same way as my wife does) and raised a hind leg and sent a spray over one of my favourite plants.

The snow doesn't hinder them Eric - we have a few inches of the stuff and I seen my adversary today stalking my blackbird!