Author Topic: Dorothy Clive  (Read 2772 times)

Offline Palustris

Dorothy Clive
« on: August 26, 2012, 09:00:23 AM »
Plant sale today. Seems a long time since eh George?

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Re: Dorothy Clive
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2012, 12:43:45 PM »
Indeed Eric. Are you going?
Tragically, Marys sister (who you met when you and I met up at our last Dorothy Clive visit) has passed away.
We are visiting Tara (our daughter) in Manchester from Wed to next Monday. Going to the Liverpool -v- Hearts match on Thu evening and I may try to get a ticket for the Man City game on Saturday. Other times "we" will be a shoppin' and we are planning a trip to York on Friday.
When we arrive I'll surf a bit and see if there are any gardening events that weekend ;)

Offline Palustris

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2012, 02:42:30 PM »
Been, spent a fortune, back home.
Was a try out after a surgical procedure on my back to see if it had actually worked before doing more serious walking at places like Bodnant and Powys Castle gardens with a lot more ups and downs. Glad to say announce that so far my back has not gone into spasm or even major pain. Hurrah!
Not seen any gardening events advertised.
If you are anywhere near here then you are welcome to come and fill the car boot.

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2012, 09:34:56 PM »
That's good news that your back passed the preliminary test Eric :D I hope you can capture some photos on your travels.
I planted a new Artemisia 'Powis Castle' as the last one died over the hard winter a couple of years ago. This one has taken off, much bigger than I expected in its first year.
Does it originate in Powys Castle? Perhaps that's the Welsh spelling?

I'd love to visit your garden Eric, but we are flying in to Liverpool and travelling by coach to Manchester. My daughter does the driving when we arrive and the destinations are planned by "the committee" ;D ;D Sometime again perhaps :)

Offline Palustris

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2012, 10:39:01 AM »
The Artemisia arose as a hybrid at Powys Castle which is the proper spelling for the place.