Author Topic: Evenings drawing in  (Read 2488 times)

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Evenings drawing in
« on: August 15, 2012, 09:10:46 PM »
Its 9:00 pm and it looks quite dark out there :( Is summer over?

Mind you, its very overcast and windy so I'm at the computer.
The weather hasn't been as bad as the forecast this week. Yesterday was beautiful. I went to work in the garden earlier than usual to get as much done before the forecasted rain arrived. It didn't and I worked until dark, and a bit beyond (my wife reckons I have a miners helmet, but I insist I do it from memory :))
Talking to my neighbour last night he reckons they err on the gloomy side - if forecast says its going to be dry and someone takes a day off work to do a job around the house, they would be upset if it rained. Mind you, here in rainy Ireland they are usually right :D

NightHawk

Re: Evenings drawing in
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2012, 09:41:21 PM »
The nights are certainly starting to draw in gradually.

Our solar garden lights are coming on at around 8.30pm now.

Today has been wet and windy, but quite warm with it.  By late afternoon the rain stopped but remains windy, but didn't get any gardening done though.

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Re: Evenings drawing in
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2012, 10:41:43 PM »
It was dry until lunch time here, so got some work done outside, continually expecting the dreaded downpour. The garden got well watered this afternoon and this evening!
As you say, it was pleasantly warm Laurie. We look at the temperatures you folk have on the South coast with great envy :D