Author Topic: On a high!  (Read 3441 times)

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
On a high!
« on: August 09, 2012, 06:45:37 PM »
Hope our members in the UK are enjoying this current High Pressure which has somehow found it way here!
We had a scorching afternoon yesterday. Today was very hot, bright and light cloud but very little sunshine. The weather forecasters tell us it will be sunny all day tomorrow - gosh!!
Enjoy it while you can folk!
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 02:20:14 PM by Kathy & Laurie »

NightHawk

Re: On a high!
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2012, 06:52:03 PM »
Same here George - scorching hot day  :)

Tried to do a little bit of gardening this afternoon but it was just far too hot.  Took refuge in the house where it was cooler (fans going everywhere) and some nice cold drinks  ::)

It's set to continue for the next few days at least, according to the weather forecast, in the mid to high 20s degrees C.  Phew!

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2012, 10:22:32 PM »
Any more than 20 and I would melt!
I worked at the computer until 11am then to the garden and apart from a couple of hours on the computer, was out there all day, until 10:00pm. My the nights are drawing in already, really fast :o
Satisfied with a good days work :D
If it gets really hot tomorrow, we may just go to the seaside.

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2012, 11:08:11 PM »
Yes, we took a day trip to Newcastle, Co Down. Its a lovely little seaside resort at the foot of the Mourne Mountains. I managed an hour in the garden before lunch, and when we returned I spent the rest of the evening watering containers and newly planted plants to give them a chance to settle in. Off tomorrow to the Ulster Grand Prix Motor Cycling races with my brother and friends.
http://www.ulstergrandprix.net/
We are deeply saddened to hear of the death of the young rider who was taken to hospital critically ill after an incident last night (Thursday). Its such a dangerous sport and its absolutely tragic when brave young lads lose their life. I haven't been to the UGP for many years now. Lets hope all riders enjoy their races without spills and entertain us with thrills.

NightHawk

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2012, 05:44:11 PM »
Heatwave here at the moment - 32° C in the shade  :o  :o

Brilliant sunshine, clear blue skies.

Far too hot to do any gardening (that's our excuse anyway and we're sticking to it  ;) )

Barely a breath of air to help cool it down.  In fact, it's cooler in the house with the fans going.

More chance for computer work and for me to get started on my novel.

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2012, 10:33:19 PM »
Phew! That is baking temperature there Laurie!
Enjoy it while it lasts, and do something less strenuous and more enjoyable :D
A novel - that's exciting!. Is this your first book?

NightHawk

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2012, 02:30:23 PM »
A novel - that's exciting!. Is this your first book?
My first book George.

I've created a new Board called Creative Writing and moved the postings about it there.

This will keep the current topic on track and allow anyone else with an interest to write their own book of whatever nature, to discuss their ideas here.

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2012, 12:21:49 AM »
Yes, good idea Laurie, and thanks for introducing a fresh and new discussion topic :)