Author Topic: Hello, I'm back  (Read 3856 times)

Offline Lynda A

• My website
Hello, I'm back
« on: July 01, 2012, 07:21:37 PM »
Hi there, Remember me?  We moved back from Spain last November and have at last moved into our new home in Shropshire.  We have bought a guest house  www.jinlye.co.uk and are presently refurbishing it and hope to open beginning of Sept.  Fantastic gardens but very overgrown as the previous owner was too ill for the last three years to look after it.  So many plants that I don't know ( so might need your help) Two greenhouses, an Alpine greenhouse, a polytunnel and a potting shed.  I'm in heaven.
Did try to attach a photo but didn't work.  Hope your all well
Lynda

NightHawk

Re: Hello, I'm back
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2012, 10:40:40 PM »
Hi Lynda,

I certainly remember you - welcome back.

You've gone through quite an ordeal since we last spoke, house move and all.

We too have moved in that time.  We're now living in the New Forest, Hampshire and are loving it.

I hope Alistair and the family are well.  Nice new Forum Profile photo too, as I see you've changed your username to reflect your change of location.

You'll get loads of help to identify your plants, and we'll get your uploading of photos sorted out.  Just let us know what you tried to do.

I had actually been looking in on your garden blog on your Menopausal Gardener web site from time to time, so had an inkling of what you'd been getting up to  :D

I'd noticed (following your exploits behind the scenes as it were) that you've become an accomplished photographer too.  I've seen some of your photos and they really are stunning, I'm truly impressed.

You've got so much catching up to do, and we'd love to hear more from you.

Good luck with your guest house too.

Laurie.

Offline Lynda A

• My website
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2012, 06:56:03 PM »
Hi both,  New Forest is lovely.  Is the garden established ? have you lots of projects on the go? and have you posted pictures I could see.
 Well the sun is shining today and there are lots of walkers around.  We have enjoyed the weekends with no builders, plumbers etc and will be glad when its all finished. We have taken bookings for the self-contained stable for August and the main house in September so we have to be ready. I can't keep up with the garden at present and keep fighting my way through that sticky weed ( what is it called)  I would love somebody tell me what one of the plants is.  Do i have to have the picture under a certain size for it to publish?
Glad you like the photo's - I seem to be short of time for blog and my photography at the moment but hope to get creative in the near future.  I didn't bookmark this page last time and just had to hunt to find you again.  I hope you are enjoying the sunshine.
Kind Regards
Lynda

NightHawk

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2012, 09:51:14 PM »
It's so good to hear from you again Lynda, and there's so much catching up to do, what with your new garden, location and hobbies, etc.

The Forum is going through a VERY quiet period at the moment, I just don't know where a lot of the regular contributors have gone  :(

Our garden is still going through a state of transition.  Basically we've let it develop on its own to see what plants would come up and what condition they would be in.  We have planted some of our own favourites as well though.

I haven't taken many photos of our new garden really, apart from when we first moved in to show its current condition, with the intention to get more photos to show the transformation.  I put those in the section of the Forum called Kathy & Laurie's Garden in Hampshire, so take a look if you want to.
This is the state we found the garden in, so it doesn't really have our 'stamp' on it.  I really must get around to taking some up-to-date photos though.

I posted a section called Posting a Photo on the Forum Lynda, in response to some of our members having problems posting photos, so have a look at that and it should answer your questions.

There's so much Kathy and I have been getting involved in recently, but we'll save that for another time.

Laurie.

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2012, 12:04:54 PM »
Hi Lynda and welcome back!
You certainly have had an action packed time in your life since we last heard from you.
I'd like to wish you happiness in your new location (you might miss that Spanish sunshine somewhat ;D) and every success in your new enterprise

Offline Lynda A

• My website
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2012, 04:38:29 PM »
Thank you, we are pretty flat out at the moment trying to get all the work done.  Its strange I don't really miss the Spanish sunshine.  I think six years of not being to do anything outside all July and August can wear a bit thin and I am enjoying all the different elements of wind, rain, mist and some sunshine up here at 1400 ft.
Kathy and Laurie I looked for your pictures but only saw the camellia, was I supposed to click on something ?
Will post some pics when I can, thanks for the info on how to.
Have a lovely weekend everybody

NightHawk

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2012, 05:20:08 PM »
Kathy and Laurie I looked for your pictures but only saw the camellia, was I supposed to click on something ?
Lynda, the first page of that link is VERY looooong..........  the Camellia is almost at the bottom, so you'll probably need to scroll right to the top of that page to see all the photos.  It starts off with a photo of the front of the house followed by a snow scene, etc.  The page must have loaded further down for some reason.
Don't know why but you should be able to see it all.

We're actually having a heatwave here at the moment, after several lousy days/weeks even of wind and rain.  Got to say though that it's gone from one extreme to the other, and it's far too hot to do much in the garden.  Ho-hum  ::)

Laurie.