Author Topic: Flora Day 2012  (Read 2467 times)

Offline Jacquiht

Flora Day 2012
« on: May 08, 2012, 08:53:37 PM »
https://picasaweb.google.com/Jacquih48/FloraDay2012HelstonCornwall?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCNXzkPv01qHIigE&feat=directlink

Have had a wonderful day, with wonderful weather and thought you might be interested in a traditional day in Helston, Cornwall.  Flora Day takes place annually on the 8th May come rain or shine!  1200 children danced the streets along with a few hundred adults.  The day started at 7.30 and the last dance was 5.30.  ooooo my feet!!!!!

NightHawk

Re: Flora Day 2012
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2012, 10:08:22 PM »
That looked like a really fun day Jacqui, everyone seems to be having a great time judging by the photos  ;D

Weather was kind for you all too, which makes all the difference.

You must be exhausted.  Have a sit down with a nice hot cup of tea and put your feet up  :D

Thanks for sharing that event with us Jacqui.

Laurie.

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2012, 11:26:19 PM »
What a wonderful event for all ages to enjoy :D You were very fortunate to have a fine day - especially since those costumes would have been destroyed on a bad day!

Are you in any of the photos Jacqui ?

Offline Jacquiht

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2012, 08:25:40 AM »
We were definitely fortunate with the weather - today I've woken up to horrid drizzle!  No I'm not in any of the photos George, only Helstonian folks are allowed to take part in the dances apart from the Hal-An-Tow when "outsiders" can apply.  The Hal-An-Tow is a pagan play/dance which welcomes the summer (hope it works!!!!!)