Author Topic: Baaaaaa  (Read 2633 times)

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Baaaaaa
« on: January 28, 2012, 12:29:06 PM »
I opened the curtains this morning, and looked into the faces of 2 sheep. The rest of the flock were looking for anything edible all over the garden! Two were standing in the middle of a flower bed.

I decided not to respond to my first reaction to get out there and chase them out, in case they caused an accident running onto the road.
There was a hard frost so I hoped they wouldn't do much damage to the lawns.

Called police, and as I was speaking, the flock paraded past me, on to the front garden.
Next door neighbour helped me to shepherd  ::)  them into the yard in front of a field where they had broken out from. Workmen were at the house and had left the gates open.
I learned that the house is to be demolished next week. Its a landmark here - very disappointed.

NightHawk

Re: Baaaaaa
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2012, 01:34:39 PM »
Your garden seems to be the favourite attraction for animals George.

You've had a herd of cows churning up your lawn, now these sheep.

I hate to think what you'll get next - goats? deer? pigs?  YIKES!! - shouldn't tempt fate  :D

I hope they didn't do any damage.

Maybe those workmen should be re-taught the country code - close all gates behind you ::)

Laurie.

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2012, 01:39:02 PM »
On a quick tour, the back lawn is pockmarked and in many cases quite deep - lighter animals but their small hooves have penetrated quite badly.

Offline Eric Hardy

• Anthea & Eric, The Chilterns, Buckinghamshire UK
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2012, 10:21:11 AM »
 ::) Oh dear, George! I suppose if there is any consolation it is about the best time of year for it to have happened. Think of the damage they could have wrought in late spring or early summer! Our deer are now daily vistors in spite of the fence buried in the hedges. They munch the bluebell and tulip leaves as they appear  >:(

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2012, 10:42:39 AM »
Its unlikely that they get airlifted in Eric::) so - do you think they jump that high hedge of yours?
If they do, there would be deep holes at the landing point :o
Ive taken a quick look (its raining here) and don't see any immediate evidence that the tulip leaves have been eaten. They are about an inch or two out of the ground, just sprouting in most places.
Longer leaves at the side of the house but that seems to be the only part of the garden they didn't explore.