Author Topic: Lousy lighting  (Read 2235 times)

Offline Palustris

Lousy lighting
« on: March 10, 2011, 01:47:51 PM »
We did take a lot of pictures at Loughborough AGS show, but the lighting is so odd that despite playing around in RAW etc. the images are still too poor to use. However, Blackpool on Saturday often has the same plants (albeit a week older!) so hopefully I can get some better pictures there. Very disappointing really.

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Re: Lousy lighting
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2011, 12:04:21 AM »
Disappointing indeed Eric. I hope you enjoyed the show nevertheless.
Enjoy your day out in Blackpool!! You certainly do get around in pursuit of your beloved alpines. I'd love to do likewise!

Offline Palustris

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2011, 02:10:43 PM »
It was nice to see ones daughters and grandsons and step grandsons. The show was one of the best we have seen in a long time which makes the lack of decent pictures even more disappointing. Not only is there the odd Sodium orange lighting (which can be removed in PE9), but some of the lights have been replaced with straight white light covers and one set of plants is placed against the windows down the length of the hall, which totally alters the White balance again.
Some of the blues just come out as much much deeper than they should be and that is very difficult to alter without spoiling the whole picture.

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2011, 09:42:26 AM »
I have to agree, it makes it much more enjoyable when it is a family day Eric. Glad you enjoyed it.

I'm impressed that you can remember what the true colours were Eric.
When using software to adjust (tricky enough in itself) you really do need to know what hues you are trying to achieve.
Keep up the good work!