Author Topic: oh me poor foot!  (Read 2818 times)

Offline Palustris

oh me poor foot!
« on: December 31, 2009, 06:50:33 PM »
Well no first footing for me this year. They ignored my incipient cold and went ahead and cut off my big toe. Well not really, they just fused the bones in it because of the arthritis. A fairly common operation they tell me, so nothing spectacular. However, I am now house bound for 6 weeks and possibly longer. As the only driver in the family this does make shopping a little difficult. You have to remember we are 2 miles from the nearest 'bus stop and 10 miles from a decent supermarket. We have laid in supplies of all the non-perishables etc. so there should be no problem and our neighbours say they will get milk for us (no milkman round here).
The local anaesthetic is just wearing of and the pain is beginning to appear so I will say Happy New Year and crawl off the cry in a corner somewhere. ::)

Offline roiphil

• I did the 10,000 forum posting
    • Limerick Xmas Tree Centre
Re: oh me poor foot!
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2009, 08:30:51 PM »
happy new year, hope you feeling better tomorrow

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2009, 10:25:10 PM »
Get well again soon Eric!

Lets look on the bright side. Its better now than having you disabled in spring, or summer!

I wish you a speedy recovery and hope the op is a roaring success.

NightHawk

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2010, 09:14:49 AM »
Best wishes for a speedy recovery Eric.

Laurie.

Offline Trevor Ellis

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2010, 01:03:54 PM »
Best wishes for a speedy recovery Eric - but think of the time you'll have to catch up on all the reading, planning etc!

Trevor

Offline Lyn and Malcolm

• Lyn and Malcolms Garden
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2010, 09:08:48 PM »

Hope the pain is not too bad Eric. I guess some pain now will be better than long term pain had the joint not been fused. ::)

Malcolm

Offline Palustris

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2010, 06:11:37 PM »
Boredom is now setting in. The new computer is useless and the connection on here is rubbish. The photo opportunities are limited since I cannot walk securely enough to go outside (and who would want to with bare tootsies?). I have tried getting back into writing a story or two, but every time I sit down at the machine to think, my mind goes blank and I start to yawn so badly I can hardly do anything never mind type (or should that be trype?). Even the postman is not delivering, they must think the lane is too bad to come down.
Al in all I am just a leetle bit fed up.

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2010, 07:15:47 PM »
Keep your chin up Eric! Things just have to get better.
How is the foot? Much pain now?

Offline roiphil

• I did the 10,000 forum posting
    • Limerick Xmas Tree Centre
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2010, 08:29:13 PM »
hope your feeling better soon and you get your new pc sorted, what sort of stuff are you interested in writing

Offline Palustris

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2010, 10:04:01 AM »
No pain worth mentioning, just inconvenient more than anything else. And the crutches are afffecting the arthritis in my neck (falling to pieces, he is) and making my head ache more than I care for.
Roiphil, I used to write stories for the children I taught as much as anything to show them how to construct a story. These days I write them for my own amusement and my grandchildren seem to like them. Trouble is that I cannot get a beginning yet. What I need is either a Title or a first line to get me thinking. For example someone suggested a story title "The Jackdaw" which led to a story for me and another one came from the first line "It happened on a Wednesday.........."
At present I cannot even come up with a list of titles or possible opening sentences, how sad is that? Even looking through my old books with all sorts of ideas jotted in them does nothing to stimulate the brain juices.

NightHawk

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2010, 05:27:42 PM »
"Writer's Block" Eric - the bane of all authors/budding authors.

Sorry to hear you're still having computer problems and your incapacity and understandable frustrations the physical limitations have put upon you due to your foot operation.

We're all thinking about you and hope you get sorted out soon.

Persevere with the writing though - it'll all come to you eventually.  ;)

Laurie.

Offline Eric Hardy

• Anthea & Eric, The Chilterns, Buckinghamshire UK
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2010, 10:40:44 PM »
Good wishes from me too, Eric. I know that trapped feeling. You may have to confine your photo opportunities to pictures from the house. It is surprising what you can take though, without going out. Here is one from today to cheer you up -  a robin on our bird table.

Six weeks to fill is quite a long time, but at least it isn't gardening weather!

Best wishes

Eric