Author Topic: Indicating cleared transactions  (Read 1620 times)

Offline wonhyo23

Indicating cleared transactions
« on: December 30, 2008, 06:00:17 PM »
Hi. New to this, and I expect there is a simple answer to this question!
Is there away of marking transactions on-screen that are 'cleared' on my bank statements?
I have BG statement pages that have more transactions than the bank statements, which makes it a bit tiresome as I have to remember which transactions have 'cleared' before I can eventually press the Reconcile button.
Any suggestions?
Thanks.

Offline ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Re: Indicating cleared transactions
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2008, 08:19:56 PM »
Hi Dominic
Good to see you on the forum!

I'll start by offering the answer I gave to your email with this question, and we can continue from there.
Ive added more info (screen references) so perhaps that will help.

Its done differently in Bank Genie.
Program Input Transactions - BS201
Screen BS201S01 (the initial screen)
Instead of marking off transactions which HAVE cleared, Use the Exclude button to exclude transactions which have NOT been cleared.
Those Excluded transactions are moved to statement 999997 (a statement to hold transactions which are pending)
Keep Excluding the Uncleared transactions until only Cleared transactions remain.
The closing balance should match your statement.

Once you get the remaining transactions to match your statement, and the closing balance is correct, you click the Reconcile button.

Use the Help icon for more information (the Green icon, top right hand corner of screen)
Click the icon, hold down mouse button, drag icon over screen. Release when a bullseye appears. Help will be exposed.
In particular, expose and read the help under the Exclude and Include buttons.

Let me know if that helps.