Author Topic: Reporting/analysing your data  (Read 2834 times)

Offline LeeStoddart

Reporting/analysing your data
« on: January 29, 2013, 04:19:49 PM »
Hi I'm new to Bank Genie (after many years of Quicken)

I'm interested in how people use BG.  It is clearly written from a perspective of understanding how much money you have in your bank account and ensuring you understand your commitments between now and next pay day to avoid getting into overdrawn situations and having to pay the bank charges.

I'm interested in knowing where did I spend my money - ie what did I spend my money on - what habit of mine would I need to change in order to be able to get my expenditure under control - so Analysing the categories that I spent money on is important.  But I'd like to see that spending by category by month,  So that I can look at the seasonality of some things - like all the present buying at Christmas or the major expenditure on a July holiday.

I also want to understand my networth over time.  How has my net worth changed over the last 12 to 18 months?  Have I managed to "recover" from the impact of remodelling the garden (or that world cruise).

How do you analyse your financial position? - How do you get information from the data you put into BG?

Offline ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Re: Reporting/analysing your data
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 07:41:30 PM »
Thank you for posting this Lee.
I will be "looking in" on the response to your questions and the suggestions from other users.

As you know I've been planning the next upgrade to Bank Genie for some time and development continues next month. It will include Budgets and a few suggestions made by an accountant friend (for showing trends in spending) when I gave him a demo in my office recently.
Any feedback here will be analysed and I'll do my best to implement them in the next version.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 07:44:08 PM by ideasguy »