Author Topic: The wildflower meadow ......  (Read 2123 times)

Offline whis4ey

The wildflower meadow ......
« on: May 17, 2008, 10:25:29 PM »
...... is at last ready for sowing
The seed was supposed to have been delivered last Friday, and the job would already have been finished
However .... people just don't keep their promises nowadays, so I suppose it won't come until the beginning of the week
We have to hope that the weather holds, or there will be further delays......

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Re: The wildflower meadow ......
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2008, 10:44:59 PM »
Begorrah Billy, thats a big project. How big is that meadow?
Wildflower seed doesnt come cheap! My next door neighbour planted a wildflower border - and the seed cost something like £100.
Did you get a good deal somewhere?

Incidentally, from his seed, he grew some very pretty poppies (and lots of other stuff, of course)!

I see you have a nice entrance, a seat for wonder woman to have a wee rest when you're not lookin', and a few plants planted. Please tell us more  :)

NightHawk

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2008, 11:15:01 PM »
The seed was supposed to have been delivered last Friday, and the job would already have been finished
However .... people just don't keep their promises nowadays, so I suppose it won't come until the beginning of the week

I can sympathise with you there Billy, some people are just so unreliable.

However, once you get your seed sown I can see that meadow will look absolutely gorgeous.  Can't wait to see some photos when it starts to blossom.

Laurie.

Offline whis4ey

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2008, 11:20:20 AM »
:)
George .... the seat you see is the old bench (see the other post on my new garden bench) just waiting for its turn to be thrown onto the bonfire ......
The two beds you see front right are where I am going to plants loads of Japanese maples, especially my home grown seedlings
So ...  you will have a nice little Japanese maple 'forest' on the edge of a wildflower meadow, with mown paths as a walkway through to be able to admire, close up, the birds, bees and butterflies etc which I hope to attract
To date, my vision has not yet extended further, although it frequently does as soon as things start to take shape ......