Author Topic: Prodigal Son  (Read 3396 times)

Offline Palustris

Prodigal Son
« on: December 03, 2011, 04:43:56 PM »
I IS BACKĀ¬!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NightHawk

Re: Prodigal Son
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2011, 04:52:07 PM »
Great news Eric - sooooo glad to hear from you again  8)

Have you got a new permanent online connection now or are you still 'borrowing'  ;)

Your presence and valuable input on the Forum has been greatly missed, so hopefully you're back for good  :D

Laurie.

Offline Palustris

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2011, 06:05:52 PM »
BT 'promised' Broadband on December 1st. When we checked they revised it to May 27th next year. AND there is no guarantee that they will manage it then either. So, we bought ourselves half a Satellite dish each and Broadband via it. Not the world's fastest, but 1024 times faster than Dialup.

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2011, 10:25:16 PM »
A very BIG welcome back Eric. As Laurie says you have been so badly missed.

Here's a token welcome back for you. Since you last visited, I have posted links to all your Alpine Garden Show WPG projects:
http://www.ideasforgardens.net/

I'm in Manchester visiting my daughter - Christmas shopping, footie match today (First time to see Man City live) etc.
Having a very relaxing time, and your posting has added even more to the Christmas cheer :D
Delighted to read that you now have a decent internet connection ;) ;)

Offline Eric Hardy

• Anthea & Eric, The Chilterns, Buckinghamshire UK
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2011, 08:31:02 AM »
Great, Eric! That is very good news I hope the dish gives you adequate speeds. Even here on BT Broadband the speed varies a lot. At best I get download speeds of only 1 MB per second and at times it drops to 0.35 MB per sec which is pitiful and far too slow for my photography site. They promised some improvement last December but it hasn't happened yet. Upload speeds are more constant at 0.35 MB per sec. I have this little speedchecker device on my "favourites" toolbar http://www.broadbandspeedchecker.co.uk/#
All the best
Eric

Offline Palustris

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2011, 11:34:51 AM »
We have that one. Best speeds here are 3.5 but that drops a lot at peak times. Still way faster than Dialup. Not tried any photos yet. Updated all the Windows and anti virus stuff in next to no time which was a relief. Used to take hours before.

Offline Lyn and Malcolm

• Lyn and Malcolms Garden
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2011, 07:12:44 PM »

Yes welcome back to you Eric
I, and I am sure everyone else on the forum are glad you are here again, with your expertise on the subject of plants, and of course your WPGs  8)

Malcolm