Author Topic: im back  (Read 3098 times)

Offline roiphil

• I did the 10,000 forum posting
    • Limerick Xmas Tree Centre
im back
« on: May 22, 2011, 11:52:39 AM »
Well after a time away from the forum due to reasons and a hectic few months i am back to participate in what ever way i can, as you all know we had the eldest daughters wedding feb 22 in the uk which went well, (would put some pics up but i have a suit on which is not normal for me  ;D ),

then may dad passed away march 4 so back over to the uk again, the other daughters baby is due in about 3 weeks time (where did those 9 months go),

you may or may not know that we are also starting a xmas tree farm the first lot of transplants went in this year April, a bit late but what with all that happened previously could not be helped, i am actually using igpro (created new gardener think it was) and different garden areas to keep track of all the xmas tree seeds sowed from 2009 to date and where they are, how may are growing etc, aswell as the transplants and what has been done to them and when

so how is every one and if you are new welcome to the forum, looks like i have a fair bit of catching up to do
Phil

Offline Palustris

Re: im back
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2011, 01:36:00 PM »
WB.

NightHawk

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2011, 01:38:33 PM »
Welcome back Phil, it's good to hear from you again.

Sorry to hear of the loss of your dad, commiserations from Kathy and I.

Congratulations for your better family news.  Would have been great to see you in that suit though  :D

I recall you mentioning a while ago about starting a Xmas tree farm, so we're glad to hear that it's now well under way.
You'll have to post some photos (when you get time) so we can all see how the farm progresses to maturity.

The Forum has been fairly quiet, so it won't take you too long to get up-to-speed again  ;)

Laurie.

Offline Eric Hardy

• Anthea & Eric, The Chilterns, Buckinghamshire UK
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2011, 10:44:21 PM »
And welcome back from me, Phil. I can only reiterate what Kathy & Laurie have said about the family matters, both happy and sad.
And by the way, don't be bashful, lets see what you look like in a suit  ;D ::)

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2011, 12:38:57 PM »
Welcome back Phil, but I am sad to read of the passing of your father.
Its a very big void, I know that only too well, and it will take time to come to terms with not being able to lift a phone and chat to someone who has been your best friend all your life.
My deepest condolences to you and your family.

Its great to read the good news! Another moving day for you, walking your eldest daughter down the aisle.
Congratulations to the happy couple. Please post a photo of the guy in the suit! 

Best wishes on the forthcoming arrival of your grandchild. They are the greatest :)

I'm delighted to read that you are using Ideas Genie Pro to track of your Xmas tree business. Any questions please send me an email. I hope that enterprise proves profitable from you. Its a terrific idea.

Offline roiphil

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2011, 01:29:20 PM »

there you go and that horse and cart ride was great fun but cold

Offline Eric Hardy

• Anthea & Eric, The Chilterns, Buckinghamshire UK
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2011, 01:32:53 PM »
Wonderful, Phil!! Thank you. It may have been chilly but I am sure it was worth it  :)

NightHawk

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2011, 01:40:14 PM »
Very smart Phil.

A proud-looking father to a beautiful daughter and happy bride  :)

Laurie.

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2011, 05:52:48 PM »
Your daughter looks beautiful Phil (and dad doesn't look out of place at all in that fine suit :))
That was a fantastic wedding carriage, really impressive, and those white chargers look great. Much more memorable than a white limo :)

I showed the photos to my wife and read out your comments "great fun but cold".
Her comments - your daughter would not have felt the cold - much too excited on her big day.

Offline roiphil

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2011, 07:53:58 PM »
thank you all yes the horses were great, the ride made your eyes water a bit  :'( also got plenty of waves from people on the journey  ;D