Author Topic: Snow and good deed done for this week  (Read 2265 times)

Offline roiphil

• I did the 10,000 forum posting
    • Limerick Xmas Tree Centre
Snow and good deed done for this week
« on: December 21, 2009, 03:50:46 PM »
We have had about 4 inches of snow in higher places the past couple of days, and when i was out this morning in the jeep came across a lady that had lost control downhill and ran off the edge of the road onto a grass verge with a bit of a downward slope on it and she was stuck, so my good deed for this week (and its only Monday  ;D ) was to pull her out, i had to pull her where the road climbs up covered in snow, thank you to the person who invented four wheel drive, at the moment my trainers are drying out  ::) as the snow on the verge was deeper than trainer height  ::)

Phil

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Re: Snow and good deed done for this week
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009, 04:30:33 PM »
Thats a noble gesture, Phil. That lady must have been mighty thankful and relieved!
Even with the 4wd I'm sure it was difficult to get traction. It would have been very dangerous as well for you if another car had come along and tried to do a repeat!

I know how she felt! I ran onto a footpath yesterday when taking a right angle corner in a housing estate. Pure ice on a downhill slope.
All I could do was watch for what seemed like an eternity as I glided towards the footpath and braced myself for the impact.
I came to a halt a mere few inches from a lampost!
As I glided, I could see other tyre tracks on the footpath directly in front, so I wasn't the first to perform that feat!

It shook me up and I had to negotiate a few other similar situations before I got home safely (phew)

I think you deserve a Gold Star for that! You could put it on your Christmas tree!

Offline Eric Hardy

• Anthea & Eric, The Chilterns, Buckinghamshire UK
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2009, 05:35:19 PM »
Well done Phil! We are on the receiving end of good deeds. Two of our neighbours keep popping in to see we are alright in this weather.  :) We wouldn't see a soul otherwise. It has been snowing hard again this afternoon too.

I glided towards the footpath and braced myself for the impact. I came to a halt a mere few inches from a lampost!
Dicey George!!! :o. You are lucky it wasn't worse. Our car has been tucked snugly up in the garage since before this winter weather started!

Offline roiphil

• I did the 10,000 forum posting
    • Limerick Xmas Tree Centre
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2009, 06:52:08 PM »
Thank you, she was very relieved to get out and yes i did have traction problems myself. all i could do was high ratio in 4wd and keep on going, Eric glad you are being kept an eye on  ;) keeps you out of trouble  ;D, i bet there are many people who rely on kindness of neighbours if they live out in remote areas, it will be the same for us later on in life

Phil