Ideas Genie Pro > Tutorials

Tutorials Feedback

<< < (2/4) > >>

bossgard:
Laurie:

Thank you for relating your experience with the tutorials for everyone to read. It reminds me of when I first started work with Genie and George. My experience with computers, Genie and Horticulture had been very limited. I received my copy of  Pro Ver. 5 on Nov. 20th of last year. In a year?s time I think I have accomplished considerably, but it was not without pain. I emailed support quite a few times, and as George will vouch for, I threatened to throw him and my computer out the window of my second story office. Maybe myself, too. (I was kidding, of course.)

The pain eased when:
1.   ?George had me download (in part) www.ideasgenie.com/lessons/leson2-10/leson 2-10 html. (which is not operating now).
2.   ?I bought myself  a darn? good plant reference book for this area, and entered my plant inventory.
3.   ?Did some photo links to plants (actually scanned catalog pictures).
4.   ?And when I worked with George with the US version of GA048, (which will be finalized soon, and done in a UK version) and saw the photo I had linked with a plant earlier appear in full color I was creating a label for, it blew my mind.

After that step, I saw it all fall together, and I thought what a miracle George has created here, as far as I know he has created the best Gardening Software there is out there. He hasn?t left anything out, and I?m sure if we discover something, he?ll fix it.  It has been worth all the pain, and then some!! It?s that hump you have to get through.

I have purchased OmniPage 16 OCR software and it looks like a beaut! Imagine this:
You have a packet of flower seed that you are going to propagate. On the front of the packet is a full color picture, back full of instructions. I can scan the seed packet (empty of  course) front and back, open the scan in M/S Word, edit it if I want to, and then enter into the proper plant text data area in Genie. No more hours entering that info by keyboard strokes!

And George made it all possible! And George, it has and continues to be a pleasure working with you!

ideasguy:
Gosh  :-[ and begorrah  :-[

The cheques in the post for writing all that stuff, Toby  ;D

Seriously, that makes very nice reading to cheer me up at the end of a wet day in Ireland!
It was an absolute pleasure working with you, of course. I'm very grateful for all the experimental (with the emphasis on mental  ;)) work you did with those labels on the GA048 project, Toby.

Theres an awful lot of satisfaction at this end you know - it makes my day when an email comes back with glad tidings, and it REALLY makes my day when we (you, me and all users) manage to solve a problem and when we move the software further along the way.
I think we are getting there with making IG something special, and you've certainly played your part!

I get to learn a lot in the process as well!!  Have you got the OmniPage 16 OCR software working?
Interesting stuff!

bossgard:
George:
I was wondering when I was gonna get paid!

The OmniPage 16 software working?
No,  I'm reading the manual like I'm supposed to. Lots of big words . . . . I've never heard of before.

I have it installed (downloaded), and it's  scanner set-up wizard has set up my (fanny) scanner, will let you know if it all comes together and gets along with Genie.

- Toby

NightHawk:
Er, George - nudge, nudge, hint, hint.  When is my cheque going to arrive then?  :D

I'm feeling left out now - I might have to put the price up for that.  :(

Toby, there's no holding you back my friend.  You make a decision and go for it.  :)

Good luck with reading that manual, one of the least favourite of my experiences.  That is, unless the manual is written by people who 'really' know how to write, in a way you can understand and follow more easily.

I like your idea of scanning those seed packets into Genie - what a great idea.  8)

There is a gold star awaiting you once you've got to grips with your scanner.  You will then forever more be regarded as the Scanner Guru.  ;D

Laurie.

ideasguy:
Hey Toby. Did you get that scanner working? Its a long time since Laurie issued a Gold Star, and one awaits you :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version