Bank Genie > General discussion

Skipped Standing Orders

(1/2) > >>

logjammer:
Hello all Genie Geniuses!

I'm sure this must have been asked and answered before but I'm unable to find it, so apologies for being a bore, but when I skip a standing order for any reason, it crops up again for payment the next month.  Can anyone please explain how I skip an SO and ensure it remains skipped?

ideasguy:
Hi Ronnie

Welcome to the forum!

Yes, using the program Process Standing Orders-BS429 in either version of Bank Genie you will see the skipped record reappearing for a month.
However, when the next payment is due, you will see two records - the skipped record and also the record for the current month.
When you have two months showing, do this:
Use the Skip button on the older record.
Process the current month record.
Once you do that, restart BS429. The skipped record will not reappear.

barryl:
All true but I gave up worrying about it. Now when I want to skip one of those I just set the amount to zero and reconcile it.

ideasguy:
Thanks Barry.

I have added that one to the Bank Genie "ToDo" list guys. It looks like it could be useful to make skipped items disappear.
I'd like to invite you folk to think about a solution and offer suggestions on how to achieve that.
My thoughts:
If hidden by accident, they need to be retrievable.
That could be done with a checkbox with the caption: -Show Skipped Items.
Then provide a Reset button to recall selected skipped items.
Could do all that in the program Process Standing Orders - BS429

barryl:
Could be useful.  In my context I have some rarely used credit cards so most months the directr debit is not activated. Thus it makes sense to have it as a zero amount. Other contexts could well be different.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version