Photography > Equipment

My new camera

<< < (2/2)

ideasguy:
Thanks for the additional tips, Eric.
Ive been shooting in RAW per the advice of my work colleagues, so you are both in agreement again :)

The software with the camera is very impressive I have to say.
Being able to manipulate the RAW to "fix" the photo is simply magic.
I had a little play with that on Wed evening.

I cut that Erigeron flower I used as test and have in in a glass of water beside the computer screen.
I took a range of shots of it with different settings. I find the image is actually very close to reality when I played with the settings in Manual mode!
It will be fun to experiment as you say.

I was out on the town last night with my work colleagues, past and present. We had a fantastic evening here:
http://www.belfastbar.co.uk/duke-of-york-review.htm
That little cobbled street was packed with people enjoying a very warm evening and a pint. Could not have been more pleasant.
Later, there was an Irish Music session inside the pub - fiddles, flutes, banjos, Uilleann Pipes, bodhrán, guitars   
Fantastic night out.

Read about Uilleann Pipes here:
http://www.raysloan.com/

Back to the photography over the weekend.

Lyn and Malcolm:

From your link to the Duke of York

"The Duke of York is a great bar for a younger (20's-30's) crowd." ::)

;D ;D ;D ;D

Malcolm

Eric Hardy:

--- Quote from: ideasguy on June 26, 2009, 11:19:11 AM ---I was out on the town last night with my work colleagues, past and present. We had a fantastic evening here:

--- End quote ---
That sounds quite an evening. Then you had to get home  ::)

ideasguy:
RE: 20's-30's crowd.
They must have been disappointed  ;D
Mind you there were about 20 of us  :D

It was a rather special evening of course. The oldest swinger in town tried to blend in Malcolm. I knew most of the reels they were playing so it was all the more enjoyable. Traditional music is its passed down through the generations so they dont change (at least they shouldn't!).

My ex-colleague is an ex champion Irish dancer. I asked one of the musicians to play a hornpipe for her, but it was end of evening and well, perhaps next time!
We had taxis laid on so no worries about getting home  ::)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version