Photography > Miscellaneous

Floods

<< < (2/4) > >>

Eric Hardy:

--- Quote from: Kathy & Laurie on January 13, 2014, 05:01:34 PM --- I hope Anthea wasn't getting too scared about the rising waters around her  :o

--- End quote ---

No, I had my eye on her  :)

Eric H

Eric Hardy:

--- Quote from: ideasguy on January 13, 2014, 06:11:48 PM ---My heart goes out to those whose houses were flooded and those who had power failures (or both  :o).
Having a flooded garden is one thing - it must be like a worst nightmare to have ones home flooded.

--- End quote ---
I couldn't agree more, George. The pleasures of a riverside property can be overrated. It is at times like this that I am glad we live 300 feet above the valley floor. It does mean using a hill with a gradient of 1 in 5 though, which is not so good in the snow.
Our neighbour's daughter Sophie and family live in Oxford where the water has been lapping at the top of the threshold of their back door. They do have special fittings to put across the door which they got AFTER the floods last time when they had a lot of damage.

Eric H

Eric Hardy:
The River Thames is still very full, but nothing compared with the terrible floods in Somerset. I can't imagine anything more miserable than having one's house filled with water. Here are some recent shots taken at Medmenham with my iPhone.

This is the road going down to the river!

This far and no further!

The parallel railings in the next two photos is actually a bridge going over a stream

Eric H

Palustris:
We have a lake in the field behind us today.

ideasguy:
My heart also goes out to the farmers. We in N Ireland are not as badly hit as England, yet the farmers cant take their tractors into the waterlogged fields to tend their livestock.
Last year it was snow :o

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version