Author Topic: Kathy & Laurie's Garden in Hampshire  (Read 13955 times)

NightHawk

Re: Kathy & Laurie's Garden in Hampshire
« Reply #50 on: September 08, 2013, 08:22:12 AM »
The image formats  you can select are:  PNG / BMP / EMF / FPX / GIF / JPG / PCX / SMF / SVG / TGA / TIFF / WDP / WMF

I've created a new topic in Computers / Graphics section with a bit more info, just to keep this thread clear.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 09:09:58 AM by Kathy & Laurie »

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #51 on: September 08, 2013, 10:00:47 AM »
Excellent ;)
Could be very useful in Ideas Genie :)

NightHawk

« Reply #52 on: July 24, 2014, 05:49:37 PM »
Took my Nikon D60 out into our front garden this afternoon and grabbed a few of our 'best' plants at the moment.

The following specimens are not in the best of conditions, none of which have received much TLC from  us for a while, so be aware of this when viewing them :-[

Shrub Rose:

Scabiosa with bee collecting pollen:

Verbena Bonariensis:

Penstemon:

Hydrangea:

Honeysuckle - growing through Hydrangea and other adjacent shrubs:

As I say, not the most perfect specimens, but just giving you a hint of the colour in our garden at the moment  ;)

Offline Palustris

« Reply #53 on: July 24, 2014, 06:05:40 PM »
At least they are alive, many of our plants are dying. We have had no measurable rain this month and incredible temperatures, 85c. at the moment.

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #54 on: July 24, 2014, 06:39:16 PM »
Good work, and many thanks for posting Laurie.
Like Eric, I'm finding some plants are struggling and Ive thrown a bucket of water to ones I want to look good as we have a birthday party here on Saturday.
I don't know how you folk in the South of England can grow anything in the conditions you have been experiencing!

NightHawk

« Reply #55 on: July 24, 2014, 09:47:23 PM »
I don't know how you folk in the South of England can grow anything in the conditions you have been experiencing!

I don't know either George.

Whether it's connected to the bad storms we had creating a high water-table and allowing the ground to retain more water that's now being drawn up to water the plants from below, or the plants are developing and adapting to these conditions  :-\

Anyway, like you George we're watering our most prized plants, especially those in pots and just hoping for the best.

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #56 on: July 24, 2014, 11:53:01 PM »
You may well be right about that Laurie. Plants in pots need a lot of attention and I'm sure we all have a program for that. Its the ones in the ground that can catch you out.

I has horrified to see the sorry state of my Astilbes yesterday. Their leaves were badly shrivelled. Applied a bucket of water to each of them but no noticeable improvement today. I doubt if they will make a recovery for this year.
Some of my Rodgersias (a big favourite of mine) have collapsed. I'd better patrol the garden better to look out for anything in distress!

Offline Eric Hardy

• Anthea & Eric, The Chilterns, Buckinghamshire UK
« Reply #57 on: July 25, 2014, 09:52:28 PM »
Lovely photos, Laurie. Reds are difficult and they have come out well. It looks as though your Hydrangea has had a bit of copper sulphate to be that nice blue - ours are pink, as ypu would notice.

Eric H