Author Topic: A pair of Alliums  (Read 3445 times)

Online Palustris

A pair of Alliums
« on: August 27, 2008, 04:14:37 PM »

Allium daghestanicum. About 9 inches tall, flowering August. Not sure about it so it is n the Alpine house at present. I will try some offsets outside next year. Flowers are about an inch across so not a big job.

Allium wallichiii. About 12 inches tall. The flowers are about 1.5 inches across, they may be bigger on an established plant. Grown in a pot in the  Alpine House as I am not sure of its ability to survive outside. I will try a piece next year.

NightHawk

Re: A pair of Alliums
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2008, 04:31:57 PM »
Two more gorgeous plants you've shared with us there Eric.  Thank you.  :)

However, as we don't have an Alpine House  :'( we'll probably wait and see what success you have outside with them.

If we had room in our garden I think Kathy would jump at the chance to have an Alpine House.  ::)

Laurie.

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Re: A pair of Alliums
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2008, 05:01:49 PM »
Nice plants, and VERY good quality photos, Eric.

The first one is not even listed in the RHS Plant Finder. Ive added it to the Master Database and Googled on the name, and it comes up with lots of info.

Also, thanks for all the info Eric (flowering period, height, flower size etc).
As you know, I'm adding info to the Master Database all the time, so your postings are invaluable. I much prefer to enter data from someone who has grown the plant.
Also when theres a photo posted, I can fill in another bit of vital info - its colour!
All in all, its like treasure! Photos on a CD some time would be so much appreciated.

Hope you are feeling better Eric. Its great to see you on-line again. Hope the internet connection is staying up for you. I know thats been a problem for you lately.