Computers > General Discussion

Internet Explorer unsupported

(1/5) > >>

bossgard:

Would the computer techies please advise me?

I’m getting online notices that Internet Explorer will soon be unsupported. Also, that I should install Google Chrome for a browser.

George suggested some time ago when my earlier email service was discontinued, that I should use Gmail, and I do like it. It seems to be doing the job!

At the present time Google Chrome is offering a free trial, should I do that first, or just go ahead and install Google Chrome outright? Any other good choices?

Many thanks - Toby

Palustris:
We much prefer Firefox to Chrome, but neither take up much room and so we have both avaliable if needed. Both are streets ahead of IE.

ideasguy:

--- Quote ---I'm getting online notices that Internet Explorer will soon be unsupported.
--- End quote ---
Says who Toby? I don't think so!!

--- Quote ---Also, that I should install Google Chrome for a browser.
--- End quote ---
A matter of choice. Personally, I don't trust any of them. They all need close attention to the addons, plugins, gooblygoops etc when you do the installation, otherwise you will have a lot of baggage you don't need or want, but they do ;D

If you use links to websites in your data fields in Ideas Genie then I'd recommend sticking with Internet Explorer.

bossgard:

Thanks, George!

I will stick with Internet Explorer and the 'Chief' software developer.
He knows his program the best.

Many thanks Erik, for your comments.

-Toby

ideasguy:
I did a search on your alert message Toby, and found this article.
http://onlineconnectionsnews.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/alert-you-are-using-version-of-internet.html

First questions to you:
What version of Windows are you using?
What version of Internet Explorer are you using?
To find the answer to that, start Internet Explorer, click the Help tab and then click About Internet Explorer

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version