Ideas Genie Pro > The Labels program GA048

New labels or new features anyone?

<< < (2/4) > >>

bossgard:
Phil:

It is actually 4"x5", 2 up, making a sheet size of 5"x8".
It is designed to fit some metal sign holders from Orion Co.
It fits their sign holder #310-54. It looks like they might have done
some changes but it will still give you some ideas.
http://www.gardenmarker.com/
- Toby

ideasguy:
Will look at this on Tuesday guys- I'm off for an Easter break.

bossgard:
Here?s another label that I would like to have a layout for:

This is to be printed on Avery #6570 which is the same series of labels as the Avery #6577,
   so I know the label stock is good and lasts. The label measures 1-1/4? top to bottom and
   1-3/4? left to right. There are 4 vertical columns and 8 horizontal rows down. 32 on the
   sheet. Avery has a template for it, also numbered #6570. I have a plastic potstic
   approximately 1-1/4?x 2? to mount this label on, that has a 3-1/2? point on it.

We will number the vertical columns #1-#4, and the horizontal rows #1-#8, in row 1 on the
   first label that we will call #1-1. I want to place a photo of a plant, and below that photo I
   want to place text for identification of that same plant. The next label immediately to the
   right, which we will identify as #1-2, I want to place text only for that same plant.

Using the same identification system, we will call the next label to the right of #1-2, as #1-3.
   In #1-3 we will repeat the same process outlined above and print another photo of a different
   plant, then in #1-4 we will print text for that same plant as created in #1-3.

We will repeat that process in all the horizontal rows as we go downward. We now have
   sheet of labels that is arranged as such:
   Photo/Text ? Photo/Text
   Photo/Text ? Photo/Text
   Photo/Text ? Photo/Text
   Photo/Text ? Photo/Text
   Photo/Text ? Photo/Text
   Photo/Text ? Photo/Text
   Photo/Text ? Photo/Text
   Photo/Text ? Photo/Text

We have now created sets of labels in 2?s that are related to each other.

I will place the photo label on the front of that potstic, and the related text label on the
    back. I have now constructed a double sided label for identifying my plants whether they
   be in trays, pots or in the garden.  Is it workable?

- Toby

bossgard:
George:

Hopefully for you, this will be my last request for some re-work for GA048 LABELS
   for Vegetable Project Session 11.

Under the Forum topic ?Got down-time? Do plant labels/markers now?. Reply #12,
   Feb. 15, 2008, JohnB posted his answers to some Label Questions that I had asked
   prior, in this same Topic.

#1 is printed below:

1.   You indicate you only mark shrubs and trees, would you consider labeling the
    rest of your garden(s)?
   With most of the perennials, I've inserted their nursery tag either close in to
   the crown so it disappears under the foliage or mulch - or in the raised beds,
   I've put these tags down behind the retaining wall or bricks so it's right in
   front of you as you look into the bed (one can simply pull them up to look
   at them). I've done it this way so that the planting bed doesn't look like a
   "bird cemetary" (i.e. lots of little white headstones!).

I think John has made valid points in his answer to my question, and I would like
   to see us be able to add a background color when making labels.

To illustrate let?s take US Orion 400-175 which is a 1-3/4?x4? label, on the right side
   is a photo 1?x1?. The left side of the label is reserved for text and the area measures
   approx. 1?x2?, above all there is one line of text.

Can a background of some color that will blend in with garden surroundings,
   as perhaps light tan or light green, which can be placed behind the text, but leave
   the area reserved for the photo in the white label background, so that the plant
   photo reproduces as accurately as possible.

Hopefully, this would then end the problem with the ?bird cemetery? as John calls it.
   In the vegetable garden it?s nice to have all those white markers, so that you can spot
   them easily behind and in between the veggies. But for the ornamental gardens, they
   stand out ?like a sore thumb?.

Have you got some ?tricks? in your bag, that can accomplish this?
   Thanks for considering.
   - Toby

ideasguy:

--- Quote ---   Have you got some ?tricks? in your bag, that can accomplish this?
--- End quote ---
Yes
Basically, it would be a rectangle the size of the labels, with a fill colour.
However, it adds complexity to creating labels - a) more buttons etc, b) the user would have to be given the option to be able to choose background colour.
There would also be an overhead in a drain of your printers ink to paint the entire label.

Now Ive explained that, how many members would use that feature, if provided?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version