Photography > Questions

Resizing/Compression Question

<< < (2/4) > >>

ideasguy:
Look under the Tools tab on IG Pro menu and you will find the Resize Program - GA051

If you can master that program you will be able to create images of the correct proportions (and file sizes) for use on the forum.
I use it for that purpose.

Then have a look at this forum topic:
http://www.flowergenie.co.uk/ideas/forum/index.php/topic,609.0.html

To Monica:
You do NOT have to do the downloads. Your installed version has the latest already.

Instructions for using the Resize Program
In that forum topic (above) please read my postings on:
May 14 08
and
June 6 08
Let me know if you have further questions.

TXGulfCoast:
Thanks to you all,

Look, look, I've finally figured it out and actually posted 2 pix on the Tropical-esque Plant board.  I used the IG-Pro resize program and uploaded to Photobucket.
Here's one of my miniscule backyard:

I believe, though, I will get Photoshop Elements to work a bit more with the pix; maybe I could "erase" the bag of mulch that obviously shouldn't be in the photo!  I like to take photos of garden friends & fiends:  the birds, butterflies, other critters and insects won't let me get close enough to use a lower resolution.  That's probably why I've always had the resolution set high.

Your tips and suggestions are now printed out hard copy in what is becoming a bulging IG-Pro folder.

Monica

ideasguy:
Hey Monica, am I proud of you or not:)
I'm delighted that you managed to crack it using the IG Pro resize program. No stopping you now ;)

Next question of course - whats the names of the plants in that photo?

I'll allow Laurie to advise on removing the mulch bag from the photo. Hes the expert in that department :)

NightHawk:
Just for you Monica, I've taken the liberty of removing the mulch bag from your photo, so you can see what is possible with Photoshop Elements.
I hope you don't mind  ;)

I can take you through the steps involved if you decide to get Photoshop Elements, and you're ready to experiment.  :)

Laurie.

Palustris:
Beat me to it! I did the same in PH7 Mind I also sharpened it up a little. Would have posted it before Laurie, but we had to go shopping. Rats!!!!!!!!

As you can see I had to reduce its size and more importantly its File size. This is 67.6 kb.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version