Author Topic: Bank Genie with Vista  (Read 4559 times)

Offline Mavis

Bank Genie with Vista
« on: October 21, 2008, 11:10:12 AM »
Got very frustrated looking for a suitable package when I bought a new laptop and - No, madam, you can't - have XP - all laptops are loaded with Vista [what a cheat!]; all the forums indicated that packages were not happy with Vista - even the supposed Microsoft ones that should be compatible.  Then I spotted a snippet from a lady who had bought Bank Genie and said it was working a treat so thought here goes - what have i got to lose?

From buying Bank Genie for such a low price [thanks, George! you really do undersell yourself] - to installing and working out how to get round it, as it was rather different from the Money package I had been using for several years - the help given has been outstanding and would put any large professional organisation to shame.

I am now, I think, quite au fait with the package and it works beautifully on Vista - the only thing I find I have to contend with is all standing orders being inputted on the same day, whereas I was used to putting them in on the date they became operative; however, am now getting used to that and it does, of course, give me a full month's snapshot so I don't overspend!

Thanks, George - although I love gardens I have an 'easy maintenance' one due to the size of it and our inability to keep it up to scratch; however, this doesn't stop me reading and checking out comments on the forum - hope the same goes for garden lovers and Bank Genie!!

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Re: Bank Genie with Vista
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2008, 01:12:35 PM »
Thanks for that encouraging posting, Mavis. Thats just the ticket to keep my enthusiasm at a high for Bank Genie.

As you have seen, its a pretty original package. All my software items are developed with total disregard to the competition. As such, each product is totally original.
I hasten to add that not every user is over the moon with gratitude and appreciation.  I used to get very disheartened when I received an email from someone who wasn't satisfied (for a variety of reasons).
Strangely, one discontented report would have negated many good reports. Thats why I keep making program updates and upgrades. 
Feedback is invaluable to put things in proportion - is it OK, is it lacking in some areas etc.

Pricing is always difficult, and Ive pitched the BG price based on its content. It was never intended to do all the advanced features in MS Money.

Please spread the word Mavis - advertising costs a fortune (Google ads) and I'm not at all convinced they work. Theres nothing to beat referrals

Finally: RE:
the only thing I find I have to contend with is all standing orders being inputted on the same day, whereas I was used to putting them in on the date they became operative
Please post that in a separate topic Mavis, to make it open to discussion with other users.  I'd like to look into that.