Author Topic: Lynn and Malcolms garden  (Read 3669 times)

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Lynn and Malcolms garden
« on: July 08, 2008, 03:34:57 PM »
Ive just received an email from Lyn and Malcolm asking me to change my link to their web site.
Heres the new URL
http://www.lynandmalc.co.uk/index.htm

I know many of you will get ideas from that one  ;) :)

NightHawk

Re: Lynn and Malcolms garden
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2008, 04:33:46 PM »
What a brilliant couple they are.

Their gardens are truly inspirational, packed full of wonderful plants.  It's amazing what they've achieved in what they call 'moderate' sized gardens.

It's nice to see someone else who has a garden similar in size to ours - we don't feel so inadequate now.  :D

We can see that they've put such a lot of work into their gardens, and their web site, I don't know where they've found the time to do all that.

Their success in opening their gardens for the National Garden Scheme has been tremendous over the years, and we wish them well for their opening again this year.  A lot of money being raised for charity.  Well done to them!  ;D

Long may they continue.

Laurie.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 04:37:05 PM by Kathy & Laurie »

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2008, 04:51:10 PM »
Yes, I thought that would catch your eye :)
Its an inspiration to us all. What a fantastic plants collection they have packed into that garden.

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2008, 07:38:25 PM »
A wee message of support to Lyn and Malcolm.
I imagine you are both sitting doing absolutely nothing but learning your lines for tomorrow. I'm sure you already have that beautiful garden looking pristine as ever.
What an exciting day you have ahead!

Heres wishing you a nice day tomorrow, weather and enjoyment wise. I hope those camera folk dont knock any bits off your plants!
I'm looking forward to your account of what its like facing the cameras!!

Good luck  :)

NightHawk

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2008, 08:09:24 PM »
Likewise here Lyn and Malcolm.

I'm sure your garden will speak for itself, but I know you'll both give a good account of yourselves.

Good luck tomorrow, and as George said, we're looking forward to hearing from you on how the day went.

Kathy & Laurie.

Offline Lyn and Malcolm

• Lyn and Malcolms Garden
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2008, 11:36:12 PM »
Thanks to both of you, haven't got over it yet, they were with us for 9 hours, just a couple of short breaks.
No date for transmission yet, could even be before our open days next year.
The 1 and 3/4 hours of film they took goes to the edit room next, a whole day for the producer who came here and an editor.

For a few pictures of the day follow this link

http://www.lynandmalc.co.uk/bbcgw.htm

More later when we have re-energised

Malcolm
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 11:38:52 PM by Lyn and Malcolm »

NightHawk

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2008, 07:33:36 AM »
A big sigh of relief from you both then, that you got through it.  Well done.  :)

We watch Gardeners World all of the time and from what we've gathered from private gardens the film crew have visited in the past, the segment tends to be aired at the same time the following year.

Kathy purchased some flowers recently from a couple who run a small nursery, and the nursery woman mentioned a visit to their private garden from Gardeners World, and it was a year later when the segment was aired.  She said it was to fit in with the time of year the program was covering.  So if they visit you in the Spring, it will be a program covering the planting for that particular time of year for example.

If that's the case it may be a while to wait yet, but you never know.

Great photos you posted Lyn and Malcolm.  Looking forward to seeing and hearing more of the visit when you've 'recovered'.

Laurie.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 07:45:37 AM by Kathy & Laurie »