Author Topic: Errata and some inner secrets  (Read 3545 times)

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Errata and some inner secrets
« on: December 30, 2005, 10:49:31 AM »
Mike from England has given me every helpful feedback on the Flower Genie documentation.
I made a few "boo-boos" in the "Getting Started" documentation, in my references to screen names, and in one instance to a program name.  :-[

Its corrected now, and the revised documents corrected have been posted on the web site on Wed 28th Dec 05.

My excuse?
In haste,
1) I used GA instead of FG in some instances in my documentation.

Ive tried to make it as easy as possible for you to use both Flower Genie and Ideas Genie, and to get used to the program names.
Thus, programs names in Flower Genie begin with FG
Program names in Ideas Genie begin with GA (GA=> garden was in use "in the beginning" before I came up with the name Ideas Genie)
Programs which do the same thing in Flower Genie have the same NUMBER as Ideas Genie.
Hence:
FG001= Help Topics is the equivalent to GA001 = Help Topics in Ideas Genie
FG005 in Flower Genie <=> GA005 in Ideas Genie (Edit links between Garden Areas and Garden Photos)
FG014 in Flower Genie <=> GA014 in Ideas Genie (Garden Slide show)
FG018 in Flower Genie <=> GA018 in Ideas Genie (Plant Types)

Being used to program names beginning with GA, it took me a while to get used to writing them as FG
Hence, if you spot any other instances (e.g. in Help) please let me know in a "kind, understanding" way  :)

2) I changed a program name. Initially it was FG004.
With the "Program Name Equivalency" policy, and since it clashed "in purpose" with GA004 in Ideas Genie, I renamed it FG042.
In the rush to get copies out for Christmas, I omitted to update the "Getting Started" document.

As it happened, FG042= Make Gardens became a very useful program.
I will add it to the Ideas Genie system.
Its name (if you've followed the above) will be... GA042
Gottit?

So, now you see, theres method to the madness  ;D