Author Topic: Primula Candelabra Hybrids  (Read 2809 times)

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Primula Candelabra Hybrids
« on: December 24, 2005, 12:52:19 PM »
I've just received a LOVELY surprise in the post this morning.
Its a lovely pale yellow envelope, postmark Deutschland, chunky, whats inside...
!!! A Lovely hand made card,and a resealable plastic envelope, packed with 100's of seed.
All from Suzanne, who joined us on the Ideas Genie Community a week or so ago.
The card was a photo of the white, shades of yellow and shades of pink candleabras growing in Susannes garden. With Susanne's permission, perhaps we can post it here later.
Its a really good photo of a garden crammed with flowers.

Thank you Susanne. That was a very nice and much appreciated surprise!

Susanne knows I have a weakness for Primulas. They do very very well in my garden, and there is such a huge range of species and cultivars. That single Genus is a plant lovers delight.

Last year Susanne sent me a packet of Primula veris hybrids as we had been discussing Red-strain in my ideasforgardens forum. I sowed tham in 3 marked patches in my garden in late autumn. To my surprise, they produced countless plants in spring. To my even greater surprise, some actually flowered in the first year, and I was able to select some with very fine colours, including a lovely pale yellow, and the as hoped for , the "Red-strain".
I transplanted planted the pale yellow among my Primula denticulata's (Should be gorgeous together this spring!)

This years delights are Primula candelabra hybrids. There's more than enough to share, so I hope Susanne doesnt mind if I do the community spirit thing and offer some in the IGC.

I think its OK to send these within the UK, so anyone in the UK like to try these?
« Last Edit: December 24, 2005, 01:04:34 PM by ideasguy »