Author Topic: Update to FG030  (Read 3018 times)

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Update to FG030
« on: June 04, 2007, 01:10:29 PM »
Ive made major changes to FG030 over the weekend.

Ive added a new Photo Type which will now show up in the pop-up in FG030S01
It will now list both TIF and TIFF, since both seem to be permissable.
If you use TIFF files, pick the correct one for your requirements, to show a listing of the relevant photos in a folder. Note that the listing will respect the setting of the List Unused Photos ONLY/List ALL Photos pop-up

Changes:
1. Navigation buttons under the Files in selected folder list
2. When you click Find a Photo, you wont have to click All files to find TIF files.
3. Once you have picked a TIFF, the pop-up will automatically change from jpg (or whatever its set at) to TIFF.

Now Click the Find folders with Photos tab
4. The folder listing has been changed. It now indicates the folder name, followed by the full path (it seems to be the accepted standard nowadays)
5. A new Calculate Usage button.
Shows 4 important things:
a) If folder is found. If its not found on a c: drive folder then it doesn't exist. If it indicates "not found" for an external drive, then the external drive, CD or Flash may not be connected. Once connected, that status will change.
b)  Number of photos which you have linked in that folder.
c) The Number of Garden Photos linked in that folder
d) The Number of Plant photos linked in that folder

6) You can now "Right Click and edit"
Another screen appears.
You can edit the path, or browse for a new path.
This allows you to make it possible to move photos to another location or drive, and then change the path to the NEW folder loaction.
In such a case, you can select that path (folder) and change the folder name to the new folder name.
All your photos will then work (I hope!)
7) You can delete folders from the list.
Be careful!! It allows you to delete folders which have linked photos!
You can delete the "bad" folders.
This will remove (delete) all link references to that folder, from Plants and Garden areas to that folder.
Thus, File (photo) not found messages can be easily dealt with, in the case where Plants and Photos have been rendered as linked to "bad" folders due to the images being moved to external drive or another folder.

The updates can be downloaded here:
http://www.flowergenie.co.uk/dl/fg_updates.php
1) Be sure to download the Messages download.
It contains the updates PHOTOTYP (TIF) record.
2) Download FG030
3) Download anything dated 3rd June. These will include updates to the 2 reports FG016 and FG034.
You will find additional options to erfine the printed output. You now have options to include OR exclude thinks like:
Plant Data
Plant Type
Height and Spread
Flower Size
Flowering period
Colour
These changes were made per request by a customer.

Have fun!
I would very much appreciate feedback on FG030, since i made some major changes.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2007, 01:44:31 AM by ideasguy »