Author Topic: Transfer Payments  (Read 1863 times)

Offline Bill

Transfer Payments
« on: January 18, 2007, 12:45:16 PM »
George,

Having now entered all bank accounts, credit cards, store cards and savings accounts into Bank Genie and entered tarnsactions from many statements I am now working with a live system.

Therefore yesterday I received my first statement from a Credit Card Company since going live, Statement 103.
I checked through the statement to see that each entry corresponded with what I had on computer.
All were correct except the last four entries which were for transactions which had taken place since production of the statement.
These I "Excluded" from the statement and the program moved them to "999997".
Now that the statement, 103, was correct I completed it so that it effectively was reconciled.
The next statement now became 104 and listed the four transactions that I had excluded which was correct. The program had inserted them into 104 from 999997, which I assume is correct.
Today I made arrangements to pay the outstanding amount from statement 103 for early February over the telephone to my bank.
I then attempted to enter the "Transfer Transaction" into Bank Genie from my Current Account to the Credit Card Account.
The transaction was accepted but I was only allowed to transfer it into 999997 and not 104 where it belongs because it will show on my next statement, 104, as a credit.
The transaction sits in 999997 and it can be moved to 104.
Why is this or am I doing something wrong.

Regards
Bill

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Re: Transfer Payments
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2007, 02:01:17 PM »
The transaction sits in 999997 and it can be moved to 104.

Off the top of my head, the transfer always goes to 999997 in the account you transfer to.

The idea is that you go into the account you transferred to, and decide if you wish to use the Include button to move the transaction into the last unreconciled statement (in your case 104) or leave it in 999997 (Very easy)

The program does not allow you to move transactions into Reconciled statements.
If you need to do that, use the Undo button to reverse the reconcilaition, and do whats required, then reconcile that statement again.

You can undo the last reconciled statement only.
However, you can keep on Undo'ing if you wish.

Offline Bill

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2007, 02:39:14 PM »
George,

I feel a bit daft over this one  ???

What I did was highlight the transaction in 999997 and click on the exclude button because I wanted to "Exclude" the entry.

What I should have done was click on the include button because I wanted to include the entry into 104.

It would appear I was thinking from the opposite end of the problem.

Thanks for the answer.

Regards

Bill

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2007, 03:39:54 PM »
I'm really pleased it was that easy for me to relate, Bill.

These things are not obvious. I dearly wish I could make software which has that magical "intuitive" quality. To a point, this can be achieved, but I like to throw in other little features which are not included in other software, and really, they have to be explained. That is one of them.

I'm delighted to see that BG users are becoming very active here. 

This might encourage other members who visit as guests to participate in our forum to "use their voice".
Ive read somewhere that a very large proportion of forum visitors pay their visits in the hope that someone else has asked their question, and the answer is given.

I want to encourage our members here to lose such inhibitions. Be a pioneer!
Feel part of the community!

In general, someone WILL benefit as a result of your question, and you will from theirs.
Bear in mind - there is no such thing as a daft question!
If its causing a blockage in your learning curve, its bound to be experienced by others!

In every case, I learn as much as you do.