Author Topic: Recent Updates - Feb 2020 - Bank Genie  (Read 1672 times)

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Recent Updates - Feb 2020 - Bank Genie
« on: February 20, 2020, 12:05:31 PM »
Under Help tab on the Bank Genie menu, use the program Check for Updates to make sure you have the latest versions of the software.

Here's a brief summary of recent changes.

Download name: Group 5.
Under File tab, The Import and upgrade program (BS594) was amended to allow the very first Bank Genie users to upgrade directly to Bank Genie 6 or even Bank Genie Pro 6.
This first version was released in 2005 with the name Bank Genie - Software for the penny wise -long before the Pro version was introduced.
I'm very pleased (and pleasantly surprised) to find that the first edition is still working out there.
If you have that older version you'll find the latest version so much easier to use.
Here's the page where you can go to upgrade:
http://www.bankgenie.net/support-BankGenie6/whatsnew.html

One very important update was issued on 14th October 19.
Update to program BS913-Integrity check- (in download Group 5).
Ive added additional checks which test for corrupted files in your Bank Genie installation.
I'd like to assure users that corrupted files are a very rare occurrence. They happen when software is terminated abnormally. Always use the Exit button when you've finished working with software.
Under file tab, use the program Integrity Check-BS913. You can safely do the test at any time.

Download Group 9 (program BS419) issued 17th Feb 2020.
For new customers to Import data from MS Money and Quicken.
This change extends the functionality to import data from YNAB.
Many thanks to a new customer who needed this tool and shared his data to allow this feature to be developed and added.

Download group: Fileset Version 17th Feb 2020.
There are some additional help topics added in the MESSAGES file which comes with this download.
Also one change to the one of the files related to the INVESTMENTS Program in Bank Genie Pro 6.
This allows users to assign a Category to the action type DIVX Dividend and Transfer
I'll add a new topic to discuss this in more detail later. Please revisit and look for new topic.

Finally: When you get the email with this announced topic, please LOGIN to the forum to read the comments from other users.
That way, your Forum name will appear in the list of visitors and others can see that this is not an empty house  :D

« Last Edit: February 20, 2020, 12:53:22 PM by ideasguy »