Author Topic: rosa  (Read 3717 times)

Offline no ideas man

rosa
« on: December 10, 2005, 01:27:42 PM »
Hi
        David Austin as a very good web site www.davidaustinroses.com this site is a good one it will tell you everything you you need to know from buying to cultivation there is also a catalogue. I have bought quite a number of roses and have always been pleased with the results
« Last Edit: December 10, 2005, 01:30:19 PM by no ideas man »

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Re: rosa
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2005, 10:31:02 AM »
A great and very famous breeder Harry. Experts in English roses, most highly scented.

They're all good I'm sure, but do have any particular favourites in the ones you grow?

Offline no ideas man

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2005, 10:43:13 AM »
hi george
              i don't have any favourites they are all good one that springs to mind is Graham Thomas it makes quite a large shrub so iit needs plenty of room I have grow it in the past but it is not really suitable for my small garden,it can also be grown as a small climber and anyone with the room should give it a try

Happy Gardening

harry

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2005, 01:57:26 PM »
I'm a member of the "Rose Society Of Northern Ireland".
I was asked to give a talk to the society in October 04

It didnt take much time fo me to suggest the subject.
A presentation of the "Members Gardens"
Needless to say, easier to say than to do. I spent many gorgeous days visiting the members gardens with one of the senior members of the society (Mr Norman Beck). He just happens to be an International Rose Judge sohe taught me a few things on our many happy outings.

Bellds rang when you mentioned Graham Thomas, so after all that introduction, heres a few of the photos we took.

Heres two specimens of Graham Thomas in a members garden here in N Ireland.(WHAT a GARDEN!!)
A big story to tell about that in another thread.

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2005, 01:58:38 PM »
A close up on one of the Rosa Graham Thomas

Offline no ideas man

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2006, 04:02:14 PM »
Hi George
               Just had a look at your photo of the rose Graham Thomas and just to say it makes a very good climber about 12ft back in the days when I used to grow. it. On the same lines can I just say I ordered this rose in standard form from David Austin it arrived well packed as you would expect the only thing was the head of the rose was in the bag and the roots were sticking out of the packaging but when planted it grew quite well which I suppose is  don't give up to soon.

happy gardening

Harry