Author Topic: i giardini della landriana 2016 the landriana gardens 2016  (Read 3165 times)

Offline nikoroma

i giardini della landriana 2016 the landriana gardens 2016
« on: April 22, 2016, 06:57:09 PM »
http://www.ideasforgardens.net/nicola/landriana-2016/index.html

just back spent most of the day there and don't want to ear anymore about plants......till tomorrow :)

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Re: i giardini della landriana 2016 the landriana gardens 2016
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2016, 09:29:51 AM »
Have you recovered from that experience Nicola? :D

What a beautiful place! or should I say awesome?

The plants for sale would add instant impact to any garden. What a tremendous range of quality well grown plants (e.g. IMG_4801 and 4802)  and what a brilliant display of colours.
Thank you for posting!

RE: IMG_4867 - What is that flower?

RE: IMG_4882 - what is that tree? Bearing ripe fruit in April? :o

RE: IMG4877 - Date taken 22/4/16 - and Roses in full bloom already. What a lovely climate to live in.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 09:33:24 AM by ideasguy »

Offline nikoroma

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2016, 04:31:27 PM »
the flower ie a peony  ( i have no idea which) it was so heavy I had to ask to someone to lift it to take the pic
the tree is a sour orange (citrus x aurantium) that's why the "room" is named the orange garden
and .....yes we're much  much southern and all the "blooming calendar " is sooner than in UK ,I went years ago in Palermo ,down in Sicily and I was astonished by spotting banana trees with ripe fruits or plants could not survive in Rome in the winter.... so there's always a "southern paradise" for any gardner...
on the other hand most of perennials like delphiniums, lupins,lobelias even tend to burn very easily in the hot summers....

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2016, 09:07:21 PM »
The leaves in the background made me suspect it was a Peony, but I certainly did not recognise that flower - its a beauty 8)

An orange tree would be a welcome addition to our garden - my wife loves the things - she always buys the variety "Navel".
No chance of growing here though. I would have thought they would have ripened much later in the season even in Rome.

You are well travelled Nicola :) You've already told me about the time you spent in N. Ireland.

I suppose we all have some sort of growing limitations. I don't know which I would prefer. I love perennials like Delphiniums but they come at a cost here (cooler and wetter). We have an abundance of rain and that can also happen in summer.
But sure we love Erins green isle ;D

Offline nikoroma

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2016, 07:49:21 PM »
they actually bloom in this period (spring) and they slowly grow till the end of the october/november ,than if not picked up by humans or animals they stay on the tree all winter and the fallowing season they tend to drop on the ground during/after the blooming and new seasons fruits