Author Topic: David Austin Roses  (Read 3863 times)

Offline Palustris

David Austin Roses
« on: January 03, 2016, 03:04:34 PM »
http://www.ideasforgardens.net/palustris/David_Austin_Roses
Thought you might like to see some of the Roses and his display gardens. Sorry about the size of the pictures, but I forgot to resize them before using them and I am not up to doing the project again.

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Re: David Austin Roses
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2016, 05:19:20 PM »
Very good work Eric!
You've done a lot of work once again to bring that project to us.
I cant thank you enough for your attention to detail in documenting the photos you take on your tours 8)

You don't need to resize the photos. The software makes a copy - suitably sized for publishing - when you click the Generate button to create your web project. The copies are placed in the folder you drag up to the server.
It also makes a thumbnail of each of your photos which are displayed on the right of the main photos on each HTML page of your project.
No need to worry about the technicalities folk - all of the above is done completely automatically.

Offline Palustris

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2016, 08:09:42 PM »
True, but I like the size on the screen when I use 640 by 480 images rather than the 950 by whatever these are. Just my preference really. Oh and it was raining and I needed something to do.

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2016, 10:22:37 AM »
Ah, I see. Ive had a look at your previous projects and can see how you have used smaller images.

If you don't resize annually Ideas Genie Pro will resize to the default size required for the web pages (850 pixels wide if landscape)
I like the large photos :D

For the non-technical- this is all taken care of by Ideas Genie Pro.
You simply select a photo for your web page and Ideas Genie Pro does the rest automatically.

Offline Palustris

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2016, 02:54:32 PM »
Out of interest, is there any way of using the images I have sent to say Photobucket,without going to the trouble of finding them on my CD's or Downloading them from there?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 08:28:24 PM by Palustris »