Author Topic: Croft castle  (Read 3501 times)

Offline Palustris

Croft castle
« on: September 04, 2014, 08:21:49 PM »
Today's visit was to Croft Castle. A stiff walk up to the Hill Fort. Painful with the old back, but well worth it.
http://s703.photobucket.com/user/Owdboggy/slideshow/Croft%20Castle%20Sept%202014

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Re: Croft castle
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2014, 12:01:45 PM »
Nice to see you are getting out and about and doing some fine sightseeing Eric :)

A very interesting place, Croft Castle.
The trees on the approach are very unusual! They must be VERY old!
The Cyclamen lined path was spectacular! You were obviously impressed as you have taken a very good range of photos.
Excellent as they are, photos are as never as nice as the real thing - lucky you to witness that spectacle!

The borders and gardens are quite amazing. A plantsmans delight. They must have an army of gardeners to maintain those gardens in such good order.

Our other Eric (Hardy) will really enjoy the architecture in the Castle buildings.

Many thanks for posting Eric. Looking forward to your next adventure :D

PS If you have time, please do a little writeup on the things you enjoyed most about Croft Castle Eric.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 12:11:55 PM by ideasguy »

Offline trishs

• PhyzzEzee blog
Re: Croft castle
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2014, 02:17:44 AM »
Lovely pictures, thank you.  I don't think I could have managed such a long walk ;) 

There were masses of cyclamen in the woods at Thorpe Perrow too.  I have made a start in our garden! 

I hope they don't come to regret that living willow construction at Croft Castle.  We have masses of willow to cut back as it does tend to take over.