Author Topic: Disappearing garden areas  (Read 3854 times)

Offline Trevor Ellis

Disappearing garden areas
« on: October 22, 2013, 09:55:33 AM »
I spent a good few hours yesterday working with the GA032 'Reviews' program inputting data re. Penstemons and was rather pleased with the results. This morning I thought that I'd check out GA016 since I'd not used it previously. In GA016S01 I expected to see the different garden areas in the dropdown but only 'Holding Bed' appeared. I couldn't understand why that should be so after a short time looking to see if there was something, some button or other that I hadn't pressed, I gave up and decided to work with GA004. What did I find? All my garden areas had vanished except the holding bed containing one Penstemon. Strange that I had never put a Penstemon in that section. I've never had  any Penstemons in the garden and was inputting varieties into GA027 yesterday and linking them to suppliers because I was recommending them to someone else for their garden. Any thoughts on why where all my garden areas (about eighteen of them) may have disappeared to George?

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Re: Disappearing garden areas
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2013, 10:24:57 AM »
Check that you have selected the correct Gardener popup setting , Trevor.

Offline Trevor Ellis

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2013, 10:39:52 AM »
Yes George.....that's correct. First thing that I checked on when the areas didn't appear. I tried other   gardens that I have under my name e.g. Trevor Ellis (D&V) and the garden areas are there as usual in those.

Offline Trevor Ellis

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2013, 10:46:43 AM »
In the yellow area where the name of the garden area appears normally, I just noticed that there is an 'x' . I checked of course also in the 'ww' garden areas and there's nothing in there of course apart from the 'Holding bed'. Seems strange that that's the only thing in there. A bit concerning. Looks like I may have to start from scratch with 004 but what's more concerning is why it's happened.

Trevor
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 10:54:39 AM by Trevor Ellis »

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2013, 11:06:22 AM »
I'm sure there is a simple explanation. The software would not allow you to wipe things like that.

Next thing to check - are you using the correct data source?
Have you been playing with the Switch databases feature? (Under Tools tab, Switch Databases GA026)
In particular, have you changed the Start up folder?

Under Help use About Ideas Genie GA200.
Look at the folders in use (Items 6 and 7)
Is it using the expected data?

Offline Trevor Ellis

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2013, 11:35:26 AM »
Haven't made any changes there George.......never enter that realm really but checked as you suggested and everything is as it was.

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2013, 12:03:09 PM »
I hope you didn't do a restore of data from a blank database? :o :o