Author Topic: New Home screen and Integrated Transaction screen BS421S01  (Read 2717 times)

Offline Mary C

We like the new home screen.  The new integrated transaction screen is also good.  Much better being able to enter everything in one go.   
The count against split transactions is great, but could this run to 2 digits. We use a split transaction for our credit-card accounts so when we are feeling flush there can be quite a few entries.
  This is the way we handled credit-cards when formally using MS Money and we have just continued with this method in BGPro.   
Having spoken to George today he has suggested that we set up separate credit-card accounts and have monthly transfers amounts from the current account.   I will try this but, we are going to France for 6 weeks and will not be online so won't be able to respond until our return in July.

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Re: New Home screen and Integrated Transaction screen BS421S01
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2013, 11:00:41 PM »
Thanks for posting this Mary.
The new integrated screen took about 4 weeks of torture (sometimes affectionately known as programming ;D).
Its something I always wanted to do, but knew it would be a massive task. It was ::).
I'm also very pleased at how it worked out and its ease of use- I'm also a user, of course :D

I really like the new feature I added for Barry in the new integrated screen BS421S03. He's well known for setting challenges!
When adding or editing, you can click Ctrl-Enter to save your changes.
I've made it so the Ctrl-Enter shortcut also closes the screen when you view a transaction.

It was a delight to speak to your this morning. You sure know your way around your computer and Bank Genie 8)

On the subject of splits - Bank Genie does allow an unlimited number but I think you will find the alternative method we discussed is much better. Setting up separate credit card accounts is the "natural" way to add Credit Card Transactions in Bank Genie, and much easier analysed and reported on.

Thank you again for making me aware how other Money software was used by people switching to Bank Genie.
Posting the topic will no doubt enlighten others.

Enjoy your long stay in France. I'd love to escape the miserable weather we've had recently. Mind you I shouldn't complain - it was beautiful today.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 11:03:44 PM by ideasguy »