Author Topic: Some flower spotting giggles  (Read 3088 times)

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Some flower spotting giggles
« on: July 28, 2012, 10:04:20 AM »
We were family visiting yesterday and as others were a-cookin' I took Odhran for a dander around the garden.
He pointed to a flower and said - White :o
On cue, I pointed to other flowers and to my amazement he knew them all 8)
He even finished by pointing to foliage and said Green as if to say - You forgot that one papa  ::)
As if that wasnt enough embarassment for papa, he then pointed to the compost in a pot and said - brown.
I was flabbergasted. Simon (our son) heard the commotion and put the cooking on hold to come out and make this little video.

http://www.flowergenie.co.uk/forumImages/Papa-and-Odhran-flower-spotting.MOV

and the encore...

http://www.flowergenie.co.uk/forumImages/IMG_1596-Papa-and-Odhran-Part-2.MOV

« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 10:08:56 AM by ideasguy »

Offline Palustris

Re: Some flower spotting giggles
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2012, 10:46:13 AM »
At least he did not do what our elder son did. He was walking down the road with us, very young too. He walked at 9 months. He was pointing out the colour the front doors of the houses were painted. Suddenly he went up to one door. Red, he said and reached up and used the door knocker on the letter box.  We picked him up and ran.

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2012, 11:35:23 AM »
Was it Halloween, Eric?  ;D

After the film shoot, Odhran picked one of those pink petunias for Mummy :)

I was more than curious to see what colour he would assign to the Scabious - that was immediately and without hesitation judged to be purple. The bicoloured Petunia might have been tricky for us adults, but no confusion for that wee man - it was assigned the edging colour of pink.

NightHawk

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2012, 01:20:42 PM »
Excellent George - a potential botanist in the making there maybe  ;)

Wait until he starts citing the Latin names of your plants, that would surprise you even more.

Laurie.

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2012, 02:09:22 PM »
Hi Laurie!
Snap! We talked about James doing that as that as a sequel this morning with Naomi (James mum).
He knows and can point out one beauty in the garden already - St James! Not sure if he knows the Genus is Penstemon but that should be easy  ;D
Incidentally, its a particularly nice colour - Odhran would immediately say it is red, but its a beautiful shade of red.