Author Topic: Please insert a disc  (Read 3979 times)

Offline roiphil

• I did the 10,000 forum posting
    • Limerick Xmas Tree Centre
Please insert a disc
« on: September 25, 2011, 11:46:03 AM »
oh yes still around  :-* and busy as ever  ;D i have updated the master data base all is fine 36348 plants and i can add plants to my database from the new master database, only problem i have found so far is when i start IGPRO i get this error pop up

I click on cancel and IGPRO starts as it should, i also get the same error box if i click on for example GA037 and GA027 to name a couple for now as i am still going through it all, hopefully will get a chance in the week to look further, i could do with more hours in the day and less rain would be nice

grandson is doing great 3 mths old now and starting to sit up and tells us a story now  ;D in baby talk

Hope every one is well as its been a while since i called in last
Phil

NightHawk

Please insert a disc
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2011, 01:42:38 PM »
It's great to hear from you again Phil - you've been missed on the Forum  :)

Glad to hear that your new grandson is doing well.  You mean to say you haven't mastered 'baby talk' yet  :o
Once he masters the 'adult talk' he'll burn your ears off, non-stop chit-chat  ::)

I can't answer your IG Pro query - that's one for George I think.

Laurie.

Offline roiphil

Please insert a disc
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2011, 03:21:22 PM »
Hi Laurie, thanks, baby talk is difficult i am a bit out of practice  ;D but getting there
Phil

Offline roiphil

Re: Please insert a disc
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2011, 07:48:12 PM »
Well strange things do happen, shut down pc lastnight, started it today went to IGPRO and i no longer get the insert disc pop up   ??? dont even get it when i go to for example GA037 and GA027 so i reckon all is fine.

Am i having a senior moment i thought i posted this message in the Master Database available as a download discussion and now it has its own topic  ;D

Phil

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2011, 08:10:55 PM »
Good to see you again Phil :)
Its nice to read your grandson is growing up! Just think that in about 4 years you will have your own computer whizz kid!

No, you are not having a senior moment, Phil. I moved it to give it its own topic (it wasn't related to the Master Database topic).

Its a peculiar event, and it has been reported before by a few users. I think its to do with the user hardware configuration, since it happens rarely (mercifully). I don't have a solution to actually prevent it happening. Just click Continue. Its quite OK to do that.

The software is "making a list" of what drives you have on your computer - hard discs, external drives, flash drives etc. The problem is that Flash drives are allocated the same Disk Type flag as a CD drive - a Windows oddity to make life difficult for developers.

Do you have a CD drive or DVD drive on that computer? Did you ever have to replace it?

Offline roiphil

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2011, 08:32:21 PM »
Hello george long time no hear, grandson likes the pc already, he moves his eyes up and down with the page

That error i got is the first one with your updates, before they have updated as they should, no changes to pc made i did get a norton popup asking if i wished to download as it is not recognised just click run anyway, next time i dont think i will get the pop up from norton as it now recognises your software updates on this pc

cd/dvd drive yes, not replaced

realy i should pop in more, but i have a lot on what with the xmas tree side, the seed and plant sales, plus putting a carport up at the moment, its up doing the concrete floor, plus i have recently imported a 1974 series 3 landrover that i intend to strip down and restore, i would like to get it as close to the day it came out of the factory (at Solihull) condition as i can we will see

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2011, 09:07:00 PM »
Gosh Phil, you have a lot of projects on the go there! If you do have time, how are your Christmas trees coming on? Any matured and ready for market this year?

Offline roiphil

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2011, 11:11:08 AM »
plenty to keep me going  ::), no trees ready yet only planted first lot march this year we have another 300 going in next month plus 50 odd nordmann fir in pots for selling as pot grown xmas trees