Author Topic: Final stages - new Bank Genie (Cambridge) edition  (Read 2981 times)

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Final stages - new Bank Genie (Cambridge) edition
« on: November 11, 2009, 08:28:57 AM »
I hope to get back to having spare time to enjoy the forum soon.

The new Bank Genie Cambridge Edition is so much crammed with exciting new features that it has been difficult to draw the finishing line, and get the product released. With Gardening Software items, theres always something else that could be added  ::) and Bank Genie has proved to be just as diverse.
Ive now included all the things Barry and I have thought of, and its about ready for finalisation (that means revising and writing new Help and Tutorials, User Guide web site etc.)

Meanwhile, keep talking! Its great to read your postings and see activity :)

Offline jgrahamf

Re: Final stages - new Bank Genie (Cambridge) edition
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2010, 12:31:01 PM »
I have been a Bank Genie user since the beginning and still use it today. I am so pleased to see that someone is writing a 'new' version. Happy new year to all

NightHawk

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2010, 01:22:09 PM »
Graham, no doubt George will add further to this later today when he gets back from doing some errands, but in the meantime I would like to thank you for taking the time to add your support for the Bank Genie program on the Forum.

George has been tirelessly working on Bank Genie for the last several months now, having previously been updating his gardening software.

From what I've heard so far, there are a lot of exciting enhancements being made.

George will expand on this so I won't presume to fully speak for him  ;)

Laurie.

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2010, 04:08:36 PM »
Yes indeed Laurie!

I'm delighted to read your posting Graham. I did a quick check, and find that you bought Bank Genie Version 1 away back in Nov 05 so you can definitely claim to have used the software from the beginning.

You upgraded along the way of course, so thank you so much for your continued support and interest in the Bank Genie project.
Still not completely finished, as I'm tidying things up per Barry's requests. He has laid down a very good specification and we've been testing as we go along for many months now as Laurie has pointed out.
I had hoped to release first week in Jan but we've found a few things to "perfect" before release!

Watch this topic! I'll update as soon as its released.
Meanwhile, you can have a look at the User Guide. It is one of the final and most important steps.
http://www.bankgenie.net/UserGuide/

Its only in early stages, but if you refresh the link you'll be able to keep up to date with my progress.
When I get the missing sections completed, its about ready!