Author Topic: Brians Garden - DVD for passing aound our members  (Read 3297 times)

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Brians Garden - DVD for passing aound our members
« on: November 29, 2005, 10:01:11 PM »
Brian was one of my first Ideas Genie customers, when it was at Version 1.
We've communicated a bit since that time!

I converted his Excel database to Ideas Genie format, and as agreed, rolled the plants and data into what has now evolved into the Master Database, copies of which will soon be available.

You've probably got that early database on your Ideas Genie installation CD.
Heres how you find out:
1 Put your Ideas Genie CD into the drive.
2 When the auto installer presents the first screen, click Cancel.
   You now have a "Data Source" CD in your drive. In that mode I describe it as a SWAP Library CD
3 Start Ideas Genie
4 Start the program GA004
5 Click the "Data Source" pop-up (at the top of the screen)
6 In the dropdown list, you should see a line saying "BRIANDENISON".
   Select that entry
7 Your database on your hard disk will close and the database on the CD will open
  You will be able to explore the list of the plants Brians has grown in his garden.
  Some have photos.

If you bought your Ideas Genie copy recently, you may have this database (and a few others) on a separate SWAP CD.
Put that CD in the drive and go to step 3 above.

So... now you've seen Brians list of plants, now for the story about how he rose to "fame"
Its all described here:
http://www.ideasgenie.co.uk/user_gardens.html

I tipped off our good friend Sam (of Fujiyama Garden fame) about the imminent show. To my surprise, he used all those new toys in his arsenal of electronic goodies to transfer the video to DVD, and I received my DVD copy a few days after the show was transmitted. That guy works real fast!

After that long story, Brian has kindly allowed me to make copies and circulate it around our Ideas Genie members.

Put your name to the list (reply to this message) and I will get the CVD out to the first to "apply"

« Last Edit: July 13, 2006, 10:50:18 AM by ideasguy »