Book Corner > General discussion

Buying second hand books

(1/2) > >>

Lyn and Malcolm:
Ok this book was not inany way to do with gardening, but I am sure they sell them.

I wanted a software book on using Front Page Express, and was browsing on Amazon UK. I have used the software for six years, but wanted to learn more.
I found the book at Awesome Books who traded through Amazon.

It was £2.50 for postage and 1p   Yes one pence for the book, a very AWESOME price.
I ordered it, and the postman duly struggled round on his bike to deliver the 800 page book weighing 1.4 kilograms.  ;D

The book is like new, and is also complete with a CD in the back cover, it originally sold for £36.99

Now that is AWESOME

Malcolm

NightHawk:
Yes Malcolm, the Amazon UK Market Place is a great place to shop, where you can pick up some amazing bargains.  8)

We've used it for several years and definitely recommend it.

Laurie.

ideasguy:
When I get time to read, I know where to go ;)
Serioiusly, that is a real bargain Malcolm, and thanks for posting it here.

Trevor Ellis:

--- Quote from: Lyn and Malcolm on September 23, 2009, 11:16:05 PM ---Ok this book was not inany way to do with gardening, but I am sure they sell them.

Malcolm

--- End quote ---

Absolutely Malcolm. I've bought one or two new or virtually new books for a penny from Amazon suppliers too. Well worth keeping an eye out - there are some real bargains to be had.

Trevor

roiphil:
Another good site i recently came across for books is http://www.abebooks.co.uk/ recently purchased several rose annuals to add to my collection from several sellers, i think worth a look
Phil

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version