Author Topic: New Camera  (Read 12732 times)

Offline roiphil

• I did the 10,000 forum posting
    • Limerick Xmas Tree Centre
New Camera
« on: May 26, 2009, 11:37:24 AM »
Buying a camera that way i dont have to keep on useing the daughters decided on a Kodak C1013 10MP in southern ireland they cost from argos ?97.99 in england they cost from argos £68.29, http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10001&catalogId=1500001501&langId=-1&searchTerms=5592025&Submit=GO+%3E did a currency conversion and ?97.99 converts to approx £77.00, so getting a good bargain their also buying a Kodak 8GB SDHC Card for £17.14 curently half price, the daughter is going to get them this week for me whilst they are on special offer,

i know nothing about cameras but the reviews on argos uk are all good and its in my price range, if it takes a picture thats good enough  ;)

but it just goes to show the difference in price for certain items over here compare to the UK, whilst in uk we also stock up on toothpaste washing powders etc all the things that are dear over here but stuff that will not perish, we try and get about 6 months worth of items  ;D

camera specs are
  • Body material plastic.
    Kodak AF 3x optical aspheric zoom lens.
    35mm equivalent 34-102mm zoom lens.
    3x optical zoom.
    5x digital zoom.
    16Mb internal memory.
    2.4in LCD screen.
    Blur reduction feature.
    Face detection - 3 faces.
    In camera red eye fix.
    SD/SDHC memory card format.
    Movie capture with sounds.
    Maximum ISO range upto 1000.
    18 scene modes and 3 colour modes.
    Splash proof.
    Self timer 2 and 10 second- 2 shot.
    Built in flash.
    USB connection.
    PictBridge compatible.
    Accessories include Kodak alkaline AA batteries or equivalent, USB cable, wrist strap, getting started guide with Kodak easyshare software custom camera insert for optional Kodak easyshare camera and printer docks.
    Requires 2 x AA batteries supplied.
    Weight 137g.
    Depth of camera 2.5cm.

NightHawk

Re: New Camera
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2009, 11:57:04 AM »
Nice one there Phil.  I bet you can't wait to get your hands on that bit of kit and try it out.

Of course, now you've told us all about it, we expect to see lots of test photos from you.  :D

If you stick with the Scene Mode settings to start with you shouldn't go far wrong.  Then once you're comfortable with that you can try experimenting.  If you get stuck at all, then there's plenty of photography savvy members on the Forum to help you out.
No worries.

No pressure though.  ;)

Lots of fun to come.

Laurie.

Offline roiphil

• I did the 10,000 forum posting
    • Limerick Xmas Tree Centre
Re: New Camera
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2009, 07:47:55 PM »
just got to wait till august when we go to uk for new toy, test photos for sure the memory card is meant to hold about 6000 pics  :o