Author Topic: Clematis Tage Lundell  (Read 4799 times)

Offline Lyn and Malcolm

• Lyn and Malcolms Garden
Clematis Tage Lundell
« on: April 11, 2009, 07:59:29 PM »

It looks like it will be a good year for Clematis this year.
Lots of buds on the early clematis group 1 and 2, and lots of new growth from the base of the group 2 and later group 3 plants, more than we have ever seen. Perhaps the cold winter, (down to minus 10.3c one night) has some benefits.

Here is a picture of Clematis Tage Lundell taken today. I have added this picture to our WPG to illustrate a bit more of the plant, we already have a close up shot of a single flower. I know George will be happy as he has always said to show the plant, as well as a close up of the flower.

We have had this plant about five years now, we reckon they need to be in the ground for at least 3 to 4 years before they really go beserk.  ;D

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Re: Clematis Tage Lundell
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2009, 12:04:18 AM »
Its a nice Clematis, and a very good photo Malcolm. Yes, thats the kind of photo I like to see. In this case it lets you see that the blooms aren't sparse!

Interesting that you say they need to be in the ground for 3 to 4 years before they go berserk.
Do you mean in general for all your varieties? You should know, you've got a fantastic collection there!

Offline Eric Hardy

• Anthea & Eric, The Chilterns, Buckinghamshire UK
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2009, 07:01:47 AM »
That is lovely, Malcolm. We have one very similar which is just coming out. I had forgotten its name but I think this must be it. Of course I hadn't joined the Ideas Genie Community when I planted it and wasn't very good at making notes of what I had planted. It would have been different now  :)
It is starting it's third year and has not spread very far yet so I am encouraged by what you say about it taking about 5 years to get going. It was wet here yesterday and it looks pretty gloomy now so I haven't been able to take a picture to show you.

Eric H

Offline Lyn and Malcolm

• Lyn and Malcolms Garden
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2009, 10:36:52 PM »

George said

Interesting that you say they need to be in the ground for 3 to 4 years before they go berserk.
Do you mean in general for all your varieties

Yes George.
But we hope some are not going to get twice as big again, in twice as many years.

Offline Eric Hardy

• Anthea & Eric, The Chilterns, Buckinghamshire UK
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2009, 10:20:57 PM »
That is lovely, Malcolm. We have one very similar which is just coming out. I had forgotten its name but I think this must be it.
Finally the buds have opened up so I post a photo taken three days ago. Do you think ours is a C. Tage Lundell?

It is mingling with a climbing rose so don't let the leaves confuse you  :)

Eric H