Author Topic: Roseberrry Labels  (Read 2010 times)

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Roseberrry Labels
« on: November 23, 2008, 10:06:27 AM »
In another topic, Laurie said:
We're getting very busy with Christmas labels orders at the moment, so will look for a quieter time to do it.
I wandered over to their website for a peep, and I have to say theres a lovely range - well done Kathy and Laurie.
Heres the link:
http://www.roseberrylabels.co.uk/
If you are looking for that special finishing touch for your Christmas cards and letters, you're sure to find something you like.

I notice that you have problems with hotmail accounts Laurie. May I ask what kind of problems you had?

« Last Edit: November 23, 2008, 10:08:11 AM by ideasguy »

NightHawk

Re: Roseberrry Labels
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2008, 10:37:12 AM »
The way our system works is that when we receive an order, the customer makes a pre-payment via PayPal at the time of submitting their Order Form.  Then we design a sample of the label, put it onto a dedicated web page, and email the customer to view the sample.  Here they can check that everything is okay, inform us of any amendents they would like, then if they are happy with the design they email us with their approval to do the printing process.

This is the point where we were having problems with customers who had Hotmail accounts.  Several days would go by without us hearing from them.  We sent follow-up emails but still got no response.  If they provided a phone number we would ring them, otherwise we had to send them a letter.  The responses we were getting back in every case were that they had not received any emails from us at all.

Apart from the frustration of adding extra time to get the orders completed, it was making us look bad.  We knew our ordering system was working correctly because we were receiving orders from other customers around the same time who were using other email accounts, without any problems at all.  Our average turn-around from ordering to despatch was 1 to 2 days, depending how quickly the customer gives their approval.  We didn't want to jeopardise this time-frame.

We never discovered what was actually causing this problem with Hotmail.  We thought that maybe the customers had set up their spam filters in their email software too aggressively, and our emails were being rejected, but for so many similar problems with different people didn't seem a likely reason.

Anyway, we couldn't afford to have these re-curring problems so made the decision to block Hotmail accounts completely.

Since we did this, we have noticed that some of these customers have returned to us but give us an altenative email address to use, which makes the whole process go through very smoothly.

Thanks George for plugging that link for us, much appreciated.

Laurie.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2008, 05:58:22 PM by Kathy & Laurie »

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Re: Roseberrry Labels
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2008, 06:07:23 PM »
Ive sent you an email with my hotmail address so we can do some simple tests.

I have/had the same problem, couldn't reach hotmail, yahoo, comcast, msn (probably more) accounts.
In y case it was because the domain portion of email address had been hijacked and used by spammers.
They spoofed their grotty emails to look as if they were coming from my domain. Its the downside of having a chic domain name.
It first happened a few years ago. I knew something was going on because I got the bouncebacks
They keep going until the domain name becomes blacklisted by email providers  - yes, you've guessed it - the first to take action are Hotmail.
The result? Potential customers send me an email query - my reply goes into the ether. You can imagine the problems when customers buy FG and Bank Genie as a download. They didn't get their download link. I could see their orders on my shopping cart admin site, but reaching the customer was a headache, especially of they didn't give a phone number.

My solution was a lot less drastic than yours. I used my old Hotmail email account to reach hotmail customers and a gmail email address to reach comcast.
Matter of interest, my email provider has finally managed to get me white listed on comcast.