Author Topic: Oooooops!  (Read 2019 times)

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
Oooooops!
« on: May 08, 2008, 05:06:08 PM »
End of working in the garden yesterday evening, I lifted my favourite weeding fork and attempted to spike it into the ground in an upright position while I untied the stems of a Penstemon - I had been weeding underneath it.
Instead, I spiked my foot!

Fortunately, only one spike "got me", at the edge of my left foot, near the heel.
I dont know how deep it penetrated. Went to the doctor this morning and got the wound dressed, and a tetanus booster.
Fortunately again, I'm able to walk freely - its a bit painful after sitting for a while, thats all.

When I arrived in my day job, the "sympathy" was abounding.
A large printout in front of my computer to greet me - picture of me, picture of a grape - caption - spot the Gardening Implement (well, you know what I mean)  ;)
Other endearing sympathetic things like - heres Liam O'Kelly now...  ;D
News had also hit the remote offices we support - guy from Derry/Londonderry office rings and asks about my foot, hears the commotion from my colleagues in the background in our office and says "Tell them to fork off!"

Going out for a meal (and a beer, perhaps) with my colleagues this evening. More classic comments expected.

Tomorrow, we (my wife and I) are off to a wedding in Dundalk, Co Louth, followed by a reception in Newry, Co Down.
Looking forward to a nice relaxing day!

NightHawk

Re: Oooooops!
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2008, 05:36:57 PM »
OUCH!!!!!!!!!!  :o

It happens to the best of us George, but you take care now.

Have a good night out and drown your sorrows (will you be 'forking out' for a round then ?  :D )

This reminds me of the British comedy sketch with Ronnie Barker and Ronnie Corbett where they're in a hardware store.  Ronnie Barker (the customer) asks Ronnie Corbett (Shopkeeper) for fork handles.  When he is handed a fork handle, Ronnie Barker says "No.... Four candles."

Anyway, no more jokes about that - I think you got the 'point' (oops..... sorry, couldn't resist  ;) )

Laurie.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 05:41:30 PM by Kathy & Laurie »

Offline greenfinger

• Global Moderator
Re: Oooooops!
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2008, 10:09:37 PM »
Mind the dancefloor with your spiked foot, George!! ;D