Author Topic: The weather  (Read 2070 times)

Online ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
The weather
« on: March 30, 2008, 10:42:53 AM »
I'd describe my garden as very well drained. My dad ran a series of drainage channels over the garden - I helped dig!
Yesterday, it was like a bog, with water lying on the surface in puddles. We didnt have much rain in the afternoon, so I managed a few hours work. I was pruning an overgrown Pyracantha (the ouch plant!), and close by, the garden was like a paddling pool.
Watching Match of the Day (soccer) last night, the rain was pouring down in nearly every match. We appeared to have that rain overnight in Ireland, as it passed over on its way to the UK mainland (Wales, England and Scotland).
Overnight it was very stormy. Today, its sunny and breezy.
Whats it like in your region?

Offline greenfinger

• Global Moderator
Re: The weather
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2008, 11:55:52 AM »
Never as wet as now! Lot of steady rain. Gives me an excuse not to do too much in the garden ;)

NightHawk

Re: The weather
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2008, 02:14:59 PM »
Well, in the Northeast of England we had an overnight rainfall of 13mm (half inch), which is a lot.  :o

This was accompanied by a moderate wind, about 5 mph.

Today, the weather is fine and sunny with a mild breeze and clear blue skies, so we didn't have any excuses for not getting into the garden.

We've been tackling some jobs in the back garden today.  Moved a plastic shed from one end of the garden to the other, re-planted a rambling rose bush, and some general tidying and sorting.