Author Topic: A question on processing a Standing Order  (Read 2737 times)

Offline Bruce

A question on processing a Standing Order
« on: April 27, 2013, 10:55:22 AM »
Maybe associated with the Credit card transactions, I have come across a slight difficulty, that you might be willing to advise me a better way to proceed, please.
When I have set up, as a Direct Credit for, say, pension monthly income, for 28th of each month, and sometimes the payment is made earlier than 28th (e,g, at Christmas), I have entered the early receipt as a separate transaction, rather than "interfere" with the normal time-table, and simply delete the transaction after processing the correct rceipt,when it comes to the 28th.
Is there a simpler way of dealing with an exceptional, but early direct credit?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 11:02:40 AM by ideasguy »

Offline Pensioner

Re: A question on processing a Standing Order
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2013, 11:08:39 AM »
I think this is the same thing as discussed under the Payment Dates thread in this forum.  Workarounds are given there.  Clearly this affects us all, and maybe there should be a"best practice" addition to the Help rather than (as seems to be agreed in the other thread) progamming a solution.

Offline ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2013, 11:15:09 AM »
Hi Bruce

I hope you don't mind - Ive split your query from the topic where you posted it originally to give it its own importance.

Yes, there is a better way.
a) Before Processing
Process your Standing Orders in advance - say 30 days into the future at least using Process Standing Orders-BS429.
Use the date picker and select the required date, and click Refresh button. All items due in the period will be listed and can be processed.
If you select an item BEFORE processing, then click the Edit button, you can edit the date AND/OR the Amount for that item. That change applies to that month ONLY (it does not upset the normal settings in BS423)

b) AFTER processing
After processing, if any S/O's occur subsequently on a date earlier or later than the date you set them up in the program Standing Orders-BS423 then you simply edit the automatically created transaction. That also works if it is a transfer type Regular Payment.

Offline Bruce

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2013, 11:19:36 AM »
Hello George
Thanks for your helpful answer to the timing of incoming credits!

Offline ideasguy

• Administrator
  • Just me
    • Ideas for Gardens
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2013, 11:24:09 AM »
Thanks Bruce.

As Richard (Pensioner) has stated, it was discussed in this quite recent topic:-
http://www.flowergenie.co.uk/ideas/forum/index.php/topic,1949.0.html
You may like to read over that one Bruce.

I'll add it the FAQ in the User Guide
« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 11:26:19 AM by ideasguy »