Plant Societies, Plant Associations and Garden Clubs > General Discussion

The Sedum Society

(1/3) > >>

Palustris:
Website is here
http://www.cactus-mall.com/sedum/
Excellent society if you are at all interested in Sedums. the plant exchange is remarkably good.

ideasguy:
Thanks for posting that, Eric. Another great site to add to the resources here. It just gets better!
I take it that you have participated in the plant exchange scheme?

Palustris:
In the past , yes. Nice thing about Sedum (and Semps and other succulents types) is that you can send them through the post as cuttings and they grow very easily.

ideasguy:
Thats very good news - I can see a few of our member plant collections will benefit.

We had a seed exchange program on the forum a couple of years ago.
From that,  I now have Echinacea & Rudbeckia from greenfinger, and Viola Penny Black from Harry (noideasman) doing well in my garden.
Perhaps we can get that exchange program going again.

By the way Laurie, I havent forgot about your bulbs! I will also be including a "bit with a root" of a perennial Phlomis which I recall had attracted your interest.

NightHawk:
Yes Eric, good web site resource there - thanks for posting it.

Coincidentally, Kathy had just mentioned a couple of days ago about posting in the seed exchange section of the Forum, if anyone wanted some sweet pea seeds.

As you know from a previous posting we made about the success we had with our sweet peas, we were delighted with the prolific blooms, but we couldn't take full advantage of cutting the flowers to improve further growth, because she's not a "cut flowers in a vase in the house" type person.  So it seemed a bit of a waste that the cuttings were just going straight into the compost, and that we were actually doing it all for nothing.  Apart from the flowers looking nice outside, it was counter-productive.

So she thought it would be nice for someone else to benefit from them.

She'll do a separate post about this in due course.

Laurie.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version