Computers > General Discussion

Bank Genie and Ideas Genie on Windows 10

(1/1)

ideasguy:
Ive been receiving emails from users with their experiences in finding Bank Genie as a replacement for MS Money and Quicken and how they are managing with using the software on Windows 10 since its release last week.

Ive started this topic so we can share our experiences.

kdjbartlett:
I wax a regular user of Microsoft Money until I downloaded Win10, which put paid to that. However progressing to Bank Genie using Win 10 has been a smooth experience. Today I reconciled all my past Statements with some help from Admin. In truth using Bank Genie has been a smooth pleasant experience. In terms of Windows 10, better than Windows 8, but thats not much of a compliment, however XP still remains the best Windows operating system in my view.

ideasguy:
Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting Kevin. "Admin" enjoyed our chat :D

derram69:
Morning all
I updated my laptop to 10 last week took about 75 minutes from start to finish, However once I had Bank genie up and running on my PC it was time to update that yesterday(Thursday).
I started Trying about 11 am From the white MS Icon on my task bar. An hour later I had a screen showing the message "We are working on it"  and the circle of dots going round and round and round................Almost hypnotic.
Nothing was happening so I stopped it and rebooted same again .........This I tried several times up till about 4.30pm
Very Frustrated and annoyed I googled the update problems.............One suggestion  was to make sure you had the latest version and update from "Windows UPdate" in Comp Programs.So I opened the update site and low and behold it said "Star your Windows 10 Update" This I did and it took approx. 90 mins to update to 10 and as far as I can see all is now well.
For you Bank Genie Is all OK and I have not yet found anything that does NOT work My Fingers and all are crossed.
Before bank genie I use my laptop to back up my PC and I used to have a copy on my laptop so I could work from either so can I do this with genie or do I need anoth copy on my laptop?
Trev.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version